It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syria crisis: Obama condemns 'outrageous' use of force

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 03:26 AM
link   
So Is Syria next, is it the next block on control of the ME and further isolation for Iran?

New Article

It seems Obama's tone is becoming increasingly more aggressive towards Syria

He condemned "in the strongest possible terms" Friday's violence, in which 88 protesters were killed, according to activists and witnesses.

"This outrageous use of violence to quell protests must come to an end now," Mr Obama said in a statement. "Instead of listening to their own people, President Assad is blaming outsiders while seeking Iranian assistance in repressing Syria's citizens through the same brutal tactics that have been used by his Iranian allies."

Of course Syria denies any wrong doing (As it would) and cannot really be seen as credible (IMO Only)

The BBC's Owen Bennett-Jones says that, with foreign journalists unable to get into Syria, much of the reporting of the country has depended on footage distributed by opposition activists. The official Syrian news agency said the army had found digital cameras containing short fabricated videos depicting fake repression of protests on Friday. It said armed gangs were carrying bottles of blood to be used in making fake films.

So is Syria going to follow the fate of Libya?

The US designates Syria a state sponsor of terrorism and already has sanctions in place. But some in Washington are now demanding a tougher line, the BBC's Steve Kingstone says. They believe the US could benefit if President Assad were to fall - in part because he is seen as a vital ally of Tehran.

Personally I think western powers, whether government or so called elitist, caused all this unrest in the first place, to topple non friendly allies, and replace them with puppets. Those that go quickly will be fine, like Egypt, others that resist like Libya will be forced and that is the fate of Syria and all this is a prelude to it happening. Taking Syria will weaken Iran which is the ultimate goal in the ME

I am not saying these governments in the ME are nice, or that there are not human rights abuses going on there, but it is not of the west's business, we should not be trying to dictate who leads what country to support out economic benefit. We have become the worlds tyrants and it makes me ashamed

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by PrinceDreamer

Obama as well as everyone should condemn the killing of peaceful protesters by the Syrian government. The utter hypocricy of the American government is so apparent. Bahrain is doing exactly the same as Syris but no mention of it from Obama. Not the slightest hint of criticism!

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 03:34 AM
link   
reply to post by gem_man

Yes because the puppets are already in place in Bahrain just as in Saudi, nothing will be said there either

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 03:58 AM
link   

obama himself has failed to walk the talk.
The noble-peace-prize needs to be revoked for the
thousands of civilians that have been killed under his watch.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Obama is a hypocrite.
Just wait til the Revolutionary Patriots
are knocking on the gates of the WH
and see if he still has the same
philosophy.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 04:09 AM
link   
reply to post by PrinceDreamer

So Is Syria next

Good question! Maybe not next but their leaders at least will be taken out along the way somewhere. "Two birds with one stone"

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by phatpackage

I don't think help is on the way for the protesters. They better back off.

They may have been sponsored by the west, but they will not be saved by the west. This is Obama's "Bay of Pigs".

new topics

top topics

join