It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interesting observations while doing mudras

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   
While performing mudras (fingers postures), here's some interesting things I noticed:

1) Mudras are more effective during the full and waning gibbous moon.

2) The benefits of mudras are attained much more rapidly if you are placed in direct sunlight.

3) Mudras are more effective when the stomach is almost empty.

4) If performed with only one hand, mudras will be more effective if the other hand is placed on the belly over the navel.

5) Mudras are more effective if the right (and probably left) heel is placed on the perineum.

Namaste.

edit on 22-4-2011 by D1ss1dent because: #4

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   
I am curious about these finger exercises...

Are there any good links you might know of to give myself a vague idea as to the processes and benefits involved?

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   
I honestly thought the thread was called "Interesting Observations while doing murders". Then I saw that murders were more effective during the full and wanning gibbous moon. Obviously I was wrong so I apologize, just made me laugh until I cried.

Sounds very intriguing nonetheless. It would be very helpful if you explain what this is though because I've never heard of it before.

edit on 22-4-2011 by iamhobo because: CLASSIFIED

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by iamhobo
I honestly thought the thread was called "Interesting Observations while doing murders". Then I saw that murders were more effective during the full and wanning gibbous moon. Obviously I was wrong so I apologize, just made me laugh until I cried.

Sounds very intriguing nonetheless. It would be very helpful if you explain what this is though because I've never heard of it before.

edit on 22-4-2011 by iamhobo because: CLASSIFIED

ah ha ha ha
I just re-read the OP and used the word Murder in place of Mudras..
its quite hilarious if done so!!!

Now D1ss1dent, I am not making fun of your thread!!!!
Infact just like iamhobo I would like to know more... as I do not have a clue to what Mudras are...
so care to enlighten us?!

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Me three. I would like to know how helpful finger excersises are and why finger excersises?

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Mudras are used in Tantric and Kundalini Yoga stuff. I've never gotten into them for anything more than a quick go for a few days. They do seem to help balance energies and I suppose have some healing potential as well as a few other purported claims.

This site goes with what I've heard

Maybe the OP can give more detail?

I know its good for impressing certain new agey women though

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Interestingly, many years ago, I started practicing Shaolin qigong. A couple of years later, mudras started happening spontaneously during meditation. I had no idea what they meant nor what they mean now, but I have noticed that they have recently changed rather drastically from the standard Hindu or Buddhist mudras to something else altogether. Times are changing and so it seems is our way of utilizing the energies. Don't stand on just the old, traditional or even "best practice" methods. Go with the flow!

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 02:15 AM
link   
The hands have chakras in them. The mudras can activate the chakras and nadis, or energy channels. Here is a pretty good site which explains some basic concepts www.hathayoga.co.za...
It can be a wonderful addition to your yoga/meditation sessions. One has to be sensitive and able to focus. Prana or the life force flows through the nadis and the energy centers. We breathe in prana which is all around us. Imagine every time you breathe you take in prana, the prana flows through the hand chakras and nadis when we perform mudras. Maybe that visualization can help.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Oh my! My poor English! The following links seem to be a decent introduction to mudras:

Mudras & Hand Symbolism: Mudra Power Part 1
Mudras & Hand Symbolism: Mudra Power Part 2

I need to sleep so I'll be back tomorrow.
edit on 22-4-2011 by D1ss1dent because: Top Secret

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
I'll probably make an exhaustive thread about Mudras in the following months. Meanwhile, for those who never heard about it, a lot of informations can be found on the web about what it is and what is prana, apana, vyana, samana and udana.

Useful informations can also be found in the Upanishads.

TrapInTheSystem: Hand Mudras aren't exercises.
edit on 25-4-2011 by D1ss1dent because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Hmmm...I think I need some advice here. I noticed that frequently, while just chillin', reading a book, watching a movie, etc; my hands/fingers take some crazy postures without me noticing it. Could my subconscious/higher self/soul/whatever be doing it? If so, why?
It is always the same 3 positions with little variations, that's what made me think they could be mudras.
edit on 28/4/2011 by Raven_Heart because: forgot to add

edit on 28/4/2011 by Raven_Heart because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
There's something else I forgot to mention:

6) While performing Mudras, thoughts disturb the normal pranic flow within the body.
edit on 30-4-2011 by D1ss1dent because: (no reason given)

top topics

join