It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yahoo UK following ATS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
So i have noticed this for a while now, but always didnt make a thread even though i had the urge to do so. Mainly because its not really a conspiracy. But i just want to say Yahoo are definitely following topics on here.
So many of the news that comes up on yahoo is based from ATS.
They are ofton posting videos that "are getting popular on the web" but really are only getting popular because they got posted on here and are being discussed on here.
debates get posted, and yahoo raises the question to their main page also.
i dont have all that many examples because i havent been saving them
but here are a few:

uk.video.yahoo.com...=%252Fvyc-24875442%252Fyahoovideo-2487544 3%252Fthe-mountain-24968176.html

uk.news.yahoo.com... ort-patdown-011ccfa.html

they have had topics that are very conspiracy like. When they get popular hereo n ATS then yahoo seems to cover it.
does anyone else notice this or is it just me?
edit on 21-4-2011 by Detrucci because: (no reason given)

edit: cant seem to get the 2nd link to work, its about the 6yr old girl with the TSA

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
perhaps ats is a conspiracy factory and once they gain enough of a "fanbase" it gets pumped into "production"... just a thought.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I have seen the same thing.

I wonder if we could make an "ATS" original video go viral.

Could be fun trying...

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
would definitely be interesting, i remember they even took on board the Aspartame video that ATS made and once 2 days after it was released and high on discussion then yahoo picked up on it and stuck a thing about aspartame and why it is bad on their main page

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Maybe ATS are working with Yahoo? I'm not saying that in a bad conspiracy sort of angle, just that could be it. Many websites and companies work together.

Yahoo may even be serving ATS with ads and ad revenue. I notice some ads on ATS, I know as a marketer that Yahoo have ad programs.

Or it could just be coincidence. Don't underestimate the influence of ATS. That's not to say Yahoo are copying directly, but many topics raised here spread across the internet like wildfire.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Scratch that, just looked at page source and ATS has no relationship with Yahoo. The ad platform is Doubleclick.

Now there's a 'conspiracy'!

DoubleClick is often linked with the controversy over spyware because browser HTTP cookies are set to track users as they travel from website to website and record what commercial advertisements they view and select while browsing.[6] DoubleClick is considered to be malware by several commercial organizations (Adaware, Symantec, Spybot) which detect it and provide the tools to block/remove it. DoubleClick has also been criticized for misleading users by offering an opt-out option that is insufficiently effective. According to a San Francisco IT consulting group, although the opt-out option affects cookies, DoubleClick does not allow users to opt out of IP address-based tracking.[7] DoubleClick with MSN were shown serving malware via drive-by download exploits by a group of attackers for some time in December 2010.[8] DoubleClick is also among many sites listed in many secure hosts files.[9] These files redirect outgoing data back to the User's computer, and are seen as an effective countermeasure.

Would have expected ATS to be more conscious of their public image and who they work with to generate revenue. DoubleClick are a Google owned company, shady as hell.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Hard to tell what the full relationship is, but there's obviously some commonalities in the content alone.

Maybe their editors are also ATS members.

Maybe ATS is just a good indicator of internet traffic in general and what people are interested in.

Could be anything.... But does that put us at the center of the universe?

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 05:24 AM
link   
I have a website that has been around for some years now, while not a big topic, it does come out in the mainstream once and a while. My site has been referenced by news reporters looking for a story/info for a story. The ATS/Yahoo link might be similar.

top topics

join