It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NKoreans accuse South of kidnapping, beatings

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   

PYONGYANG, North Korea – Weeping and shaking their fists, North Koreans released last month after being held by South Korea for 50 days claimed Thursday they were beaten, imprisoned and pressured to defect after the South's coast guard raided and seized their fishing boat. Speaking publicly for the first time since their return, 10 North Koreans accused the South Korean coast guard of kidnapping their group of 31 men and women. They also said the four North Koreans who stayed behind in the South were being held against their will.

source

Humm? Are these people telling the truth or are they being far fetched? I do not picture South Korea as a perfect country. Lord knows other countries have done crimes as well.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by FeraVerto
Humm? Are these people telling the truth or are they being far fetched? I do not picture South Korea as a perfect country. Lord knows other countries have done crimes as well.

If anyone from North Korea was given the opportunity to escape I doubt they would protest much,

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by SirMike

That is my opinion as well. Who knows? Maybe there are many brainwashed North Koreans and they could care less what other countries are out there.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
2 possible scenarios:

1. It's false and they have been told what to do and say so that the World will feel for the N. Koreans and look badly on the South.

2. It's true and S. Korea is using this situation to ramp up hostilities. Just like the US, they have learned that War is profit.

Lived over there for 8 years and many S. Koreans think they are invincible to the North. Comes with a quick rise to prosperity and a huge ego because of this.

Many do not want War tho. The old feelings towards the North will not weaken until the older South generation starts to die off. They are the ones teaching the young to hate both Japan as well as N. Korea.

top topics

join