It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Millions prepare for Midwest earthquake

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   

INDIANAPOLIS (WISH) - More than two million people in the Midwest, including a half million people in Indiana, took part in what's being called one of the largest earthquake drills ever on Tuesday. It is called the Great Central U.S. ShakeOut.

read more at:

www.wishtv.com...

They are telling people they should have AT LEAST 2 weeks worth of food and water (FEMA is saying a month)

But, I feel everyone should have a little bit prepared. You saw the people during the Katrina disaster....

"Remember; When Disaster Strikes, the Time to Prepare has Passed"

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by MidnightTide

Holo is soooo hot

I know it doesnt hurt to be personally prepared but I have to wonder about the structures here in the midwest, sure is gonna be an ugly mess when a big EQ hits here

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Indiana had their ShakeOut early on Tuesday. The rest of the central US is going to have theirs on April 28th, next Thursday. www.shakeout.org...

I've been in Memphis area since '79 and have been taught the 'duck, cover and hold on' approach during and earthquake. Learned something new this year 'triangle of life'. Corners are often more stable in a collapsing building or structure.

My family can definitely handle ourselves for two weeks of water, but I don't know about a month. But regardless I will not be going 'towards' metro Memphis after a disaster for any help. IMO, another Katrina situation waiting to happen there.

As you're preparing, don't forget about your car. Roads can become impassible and take hours to get home - have a backpack, emergency kit, water and food in your vehicle at all times. We have a secret compartment under the floor of our minivan with two jars of peanut butter and 1/2 a case of water.

Disturbing dream I had a few month back put things into perspective for me. We were at a park with other families and an earthquake started, the sky turned dark, there were meteors in the sky, the ground broke apart, we were able to drive part of the way home, walked the rest, walked to I-40 and saw that the interstate was demolished, bridges had collapsed, fires burning at the gas stations. I awoke in a panic because I didn't know where my brother and nephews were. That day I started a getting a much better emergency stash together.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by sheeplemama_awakening

If anything happens to Memphis I am going to be upset.....I love it there so much and try to visit every year.

(sorry if off topic)

new topics

top topics

join