It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FAA Suspends Another Air Traffic Controller.....This Time Not For Sleeping

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   
You would think that with all of the ATC's that are falling asleep behind the wheel in the towers at our airports that the rest of them would take notice and be on top of their game. Well apparently now its okay to sleep AND watch movies while on duty. Here is the link.....

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Aw, how nice of the controller to provide in-flight entertainment for the pilots!

/sarcasm

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by MonkeyWrench30

You know im kind of on the fence on this topic, on the one side i understand that manning a 8 hour shift with nothing to do, and no planes to actually land, i would fall asleep without some form of distraction or entertainment, so watching a movie in the grand scheme doesnt seem that bad really....your awake and alert, so .... ya im not sure. pilots have landing protocols for events like this aswell so its not like people would be in massive danger and get killed........

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by ghostrecon

I can kind of see your point...kind of...haha But all it takes is one major event to happen while an ATC is sleeping or pre-occupied with something else and the S&*^ would hit the fan. haha

top topics

join