It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What will happen to Fed/State Prison Inmates when SHTF?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by ReadyPower

One of my favorite books!!!

I always felt that if any end of the world scenario was extremely possible, this one would be it. (Before I started finding out about all the other plausible possible ways chaos could happen, that is.
)

But I agree with Stephen King, if any guards and officials survived any SHTF scenario, most would probably bug out and do what they needed to do for their families, forget the prison. The prison and prisoners would probably be the last thing on their minds.

Some, however, would see it as an golden opportunity to do whatever they wanted to do to those prisoners......because the prison industry would of course, be especially attractive to a certain type of person who likes to dominate others. In a California prison, for years some guards were forcing prisoners to fight each other in no holds barred matches, sometimes to the death.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
In the aftermath of hurricane Katrina it was discovered that the prison guards just left. Honestly these guards have loved ones too and were probably wanting to get home and take care of their families, I would probably do the exact same thing. The thing that bothered me was the number of "overnight guests" who had too many beers and just needed to sleep it off, they were in the wrong place at the wrong time.
Here is a link to a PDF by the aclu showing what can happen, pretty long at 139 pages but if you have the time it's worth checking out.
www.aclu.org...

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
If they get released in one way or another as seems to happen in the Third World countries when they have some national calamity, then they will be after vehicles to carry themselves away.

I live two miles down a rural road from a maximum security federal prison. The possibilities for trouble from that population is greatly multiplied over the possibility of street gangs in a city. We are aware of the potential problem. Cooperatioin with like-minded neighbors is a must as is CB radios for communications if the landlines and cells go out. And, of course, a heavy-duty sling shot with lotsa rocks is a must also.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Aliensun

And, of course, a heavy-duty sling shot with lotsa rocks is a must also.

I would consider an upgrade!

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I read an essay about this within the last year or two, that actually scared me a little. (I don't know if I could find the essay again....)

The essay was suggesting that in certain prisons, some of the worst prisoners were being subjected to mind control techniques, in order to have an easily controllable population of, well, assassins, that could be activated and used to further the chaos by being unleashed at the appropriate time to rape, murder, and otherwise terrorize the population.

According to the essay, the prisoners were basically given no choice in being "volunteered" for experimentation, either through some type of incentive, such as credits in the prison commissary, or just used regardless of whether they wanted to or not. Cooperation in prison is easily induced through coercion and implication or threats. When you are under the control of an institution, you do what you need to do to survive.

I knew someone in prison at the time (since deceased) and wanted to ask them if they had heard about this.......but ultimately decided not to mention it.

Fortunately, if this IS the case, the prison is about 110 miles away from my area.

Unfortunately, not all the people that are likely to commit some serious crimes in a SHTF scene, are in prison.

(Many other strange, unbelievable situations have eventually been confirmed as fact, so I don't completely discount this story.)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join