It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hand Feeding Hummingbirds [Video]

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
This vid is from some tour operator in Alaska - but the footage is way cool. Well, if you have a thing about hummingbirds, which I do.

edit on Tue Apr 19 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by soficrow

I remember the first time I had seen a humming bird and it was actually at the kennedy space center when I was younger..I was shocked at how small but how quick it was and it's color was almost shimmering..I know my neighbor has a hummingbird feeder next door and she says once and while she sees one but I'm in the Northeast and I have yet to see one..have seen videos of people doing this and I think it is fascinating to see how quickly they move..nice video...
edit on 18-4-2011 by chrismarco because: e removed from quickly

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by soficrow

That was cool....my father used to feed hummingbirds and would have me put a red cap on and they would flutter around your face,you could actually feel the wind from their wings.I feed them now,the other morning I went outside on my screen porch to drink my coffee and noticed that the feeder was empty a hummingbird flew to it and proceeded to fly to were I was sitting and looked right at me and hovered there for about 30 seconds as though he was telling me to refill the feeder,never had that happen before!Thanks for the video,I will try to get them to feed from my hand...you never know it may work.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by chrismarco

reply to post by TWILITE22

It IS amazing, isn't it?

...I was totally excited when a hummingbird landed near to me last year in my garden - had never seen one sit still! Now - I really want to try taming some! ...well, one at least. lol

...am sorry I forgot to put "VIDEO" in the headline - more people should see this!

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Well that video made my day to brighten it up!
I have had bear, deer, rabbits, even a eagle(come close for a dead squirrel), never could get a hummingbird that close except threw a window feeeder. It still amazes me as to what wildlife will approach us when they are not threatened.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by mugger

I think they have to be inter dimensional beings. I never see where they came from. I will just be outside minding my own business and sometimes if I happen to be standing near something bright and red, there they are. When they decide to leave, good luck trying to see where they went off to. I'm sure they just weave their own little wormhole and poof, there they go!

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by mugger

reply to post by SheeplFlavoredAgain

Thanks - and yes! These little guys use worm-holes!

top topics

join