It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Remember the green dye in the river? Now something worse...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I have attached the post on the river that turned green to refresh your memory..www.abovetopsecret.com...
I found out the main road up-island (the Malahat) was closed yesterday due to a tragic accident. Though the driver had minor injuries, the real tragedy is what was dumped into the river...about 40,000 litres of gasoline.
www.timescolonist.com...
The company - Columbia Fuels will pay for the cleanup, yet since this is a salmon sprawning ground the actual damage won't be seen for about four years when the salmon spawn either return or don't.
www.timescolonist.com...
Sad time ahead for Goldstream River...

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Here is more on the story:
www.timescolonist.com...

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
This is so sad...I love that area. My husband and I camped at Malahat years ago and it's absolutely beautiful up there. It's good that the company is taking responsibility for this, but will they restock the salmon if they don't return??

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Thats a really good question; I will remeber that one when I talk to the department or person that is responsible for external relations. I do think that they are doing what looks to be good PR though as they are paying stranded travellers if they have legitimate cases:
Columbia Fuels reimbursing stranded drivers
www.bclocalnews.com...

We won't know for a while what the damage is to the salmon spawning in future years, and one thing is for sure, since it is gasoline that was spilled, it will cause instant kills and not as much long term such as oils. This is what the experts in local news articles are stating.

top topics

join