It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

a conversation for americans

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
now just for conversation purposes. lets say the u.s get into debt. like they are now because obama blew trillions of dollars on nothing. they need a plan to get outta debt. what could you possibly do in order to get that much money. hike taxes right and make the u.s dollar worth next to nothing. so what does that do you ask....? it makes the rich poorer because they have to spend way more on things they already have and makes the poor homeless. people dont know what to do after they lose everything so there will be alot of suicides i presume. but lets face it. americans are really high on themselves,, so lets say a bunch of people get together and try to do something about it. that starts a revolution. in order for the government to do something about it they would have to be ready for an uprising.. lets say they did bring a bunch of soldiers into the u.s like one guy on ats said. that would do right? now that they are prepared and the uprising started they kick in marshal law because they dont know who is exactly on the other side. theres a reason for all the fema camps etc. so know a country is at war with themselves. not sure how exactly that will help with the debt but it would help with depopulating the u.s. just like they wanted right? now i will let you all put in your 2 cents

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by demontigny

Welcome aboard demontigny

like they are now because obama blew trillions of dollars on nothing.

So you are one of those huh?
Shouldn't we also acknowledge and include the first 2 wars, the predatory lending, Fed Reserve, and global trading which includes tax havens and outsourcing? I am no fan of Obama either, but I disagree with him being mostly responsible for where we are at.
The potential civil clash you mention is very real, imo, and seems inevitable as we continue to crumble further into economic servitude.

Peace,
spec
edit on 17-4-2011 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by demontigny
. people dont know what to do after they lose everything so there will be alot of suicides i presume. but lets face it. americans are really high on themselves,,

you say that people dont know what to do after they lose everyhting??? so there will be alot of suicides??? have you or have you ever known anyone that have lost everything or do you just assume thats what people do? its either ignorance or youre young and havent experianced much of life yet...or both...people are stronger than what you apparently give them by assuming thats what people do...

Coming from someone like me who has lost everything,normal people dont just up and kill thmemselves because thy fall on had times....if that were the case there would be alot more people dying from suicides than there is now...I lost everything,my job,my home,my car and my family even turned their back to me...but i didnt break down and off myself...and many others go through the same thing and they pick themselves up,get their sh#t together and then they move forward...

edit on 17-4-2011 by gdaub23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Well, the first thing I would like to do is break your post up into readable sections. (No offense, you'll get used to the format once a mod informs you of the posting rules)~~Good punctuation and structure go a long way on ATS.

So here you go:

Originally posted by demontigny

Now just for conversation purposes, lets say the u.s get into debt like they are now because obama blew trillions of dollars on nothing, they need a plan to get outta debt.

What could you possibly do in order to get that much money? Hike taxes and make the u.s dollar worth next to nothing? So what does that do you ask?, it makes the rich poorer because they have to spend way more on things they already have and makes the poor homeless.

People don't know what to do after they lose everything so there will be alot of suicides I presume. Lets face it, americans are really high on themselves; so lets say a bunch of people get together and try to do something about it and that starts a revolution. In order for the government to do something about it they would have to be ready for an uprising. Lets say they did bring a bunch of soldiers into the u.s like one guy on ATS said, that would do right? Now that they are prepared and the uprising started, they kick in marshal law because they don't know who is exactly on the other side.

There's a reason for all the FEMA camps etc., so they know a country is at war with themselves. I'm not sure how exactly that will help with the debt but it would help with depopulating the U.S. just like they wanted right?

Now I will let you all put in your 2 cents.

Now that I can break down and understand your post I'll try to respond to each section individually.

Now just for conversation purposes, lets say the u.s get into debt like they are now because obama blew trillions of dollars on nothing, they need a plan to get outta debt.

This is pretty common knowledge. The United States is in debt because our leaders let our government run us into the ground with pointless wars for hidden agendas so rich people can get richer and those in power can gain more power. Consider it like one big board game of Risk, except they are blatantly lying to you about which country they are going to steal next while telling you they are helping them. Obama came late in the game. We had a surplus when Clinton was in office but the Bush family decided it was best to blow all of it and rack up 700+ trillion in debt with the pointless and false wars I stated earlier.

What could you possibly do in order to get that much money? Hike taxes and make the u.s dollar worth next to nothing? So what does that do you ask?, it makes the rich poorer because they have to spend way more on things they already have and makes the poor homeless.

First I would start off by ending the wars in other countries and having their own populations stand up for themselves instead of forcing our military troops to do the dirty work of crooked politicians and corrupt corporations within our government. That would proably take about half if not 2/3rds of the debt off the table. Second, tax hikes are expected and consistantly rise no matter what we do, but the government can't just hike it up 20% all at once because people would rebel against it. They instead slowly increase it under false titles so that people are dumb enough to accept them. Then once they are at 20% they see how much further they can push it with a new plan and a new goal.

The rich don't get poorer unless their stupid. Enron, Bernie Maidoff and a host of other organizations are blatantly stealing money from U.S. citizens and then getting paid bonusus to do it when our government bails them out. Sorry, but they are rich for a reason, they are suckering everyone else out of their money, they aren't getting poorer. The poor are already practically homeless. However if they push the envelope too far then there will be a revolution. You can't put half of the population out of their houses without someone noticing.

People don't know what to do after they lose everything so there will be alot of suicides I presume. Lets face it, americans are really high on themselves;

Not true on either count. There won't be mass suicides because of people going broke. There will be a surge in people banding together to right the wrongs that have been put upon them. Much like unions used to do back in the mining days with the "rednecks", people will eventually band together to stop their own oppression, it's just a matter of time.

America is comprised of a conglomorate of people from all over the world. We have people of all nationalities and we strive to work together to acheive a common goal. Freedom to live your life as you see fit and the ability to do so without oppression. We complain when people try to infringe upon those rights, but there is a portion of the population that is dumb enough to listen to anything their government tells them. Unfortunately that is the case with every country around the world, not just the U.S.

In order for the government to do something about it they would have to be ready for an uprising.

No government is ready for an uprising because the individuals that make up the government are comprised of family members, relatives and human beings. You can try and pick the worse of the group or people who you think will follow your orders without question, but if the choice is put in front of the common soldier to cordon off a town of innocent women and children while they wait to be rounded up and killed, don't you think that a good portion of them would object?

Lets say they did bring a bunch of soldiers into the u.s like one guy on ATS said, that would do right?

That is pretty general, mind posting your sources for this?

Look, everyone worries about the future, but if you just sit there and worry it will never get better. Go to your legislature and fight for what you want, tell your friends, tell your family, tell your co-workers, spread the message so that you are not the only one speaking out. There is a reason that activist groups have rights in this country and why congress takes them so seriously....because they can get major funding and hold a lot of votes come election time.

Think about it.

King
edit on 17-4-2011 by Kingalbrect79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Bring back the troops from overseas and stop apending money on frivolus useless endeavors.

Put active troops on the border and create military posts there.

We are being invaded on our southern border and doing NOTHING about it.

Crate laws that require all foreigners coming to our country to pay a entrance fee.

Other countries do.

Require foreigners who purchase house and residents here to pay higher taxes to own them.

Most of them can afford them and the taxes in their home countries are actualy higher.

Do away with all states EPA the only EPA is ran by the feds.

It will encourage manufacturers to build factories.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
From a Canadian perspective you seem a bit bend in the US. You all want to cut taxes, but are heavily, heavily overspending. Whenever someone tries to cut spending, it all seems great until if affects you. You can't even agree on how to fund your Social Security system going foward.

You have Mexicans pouring into your country and your answer is to beef up security and point cameras at Canada! You politicians are 100% in it for themselves and there is no sense, whatsoever, of any sort of National goal.

Soaking Canadians who buy your property that no one wants too buy, and charging us to come into your country and buy goods? Yeah, that will really stimulate the economy!

The US needs a real SOB to get into power and make a bunch of hard decisions. Cut back your military expenses by 30%, pull your troops out of Korea, Japan, Europe ect, come out with a national GST, eliminate tax deductability of mortgages, start drilling for oil, take on the State unions and their nutty pensions plans...that might be a start.

top topics

join