It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John McCain is not a US Citizen!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
it does make sense for you to have none americans at the top of your politics, americans might care about the people they are represnting.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by aptness

Originally posted by superman2012
I think it would have more to do with what McCain has done for the country than his skin colour.
I didn’t say it had to do with skin color. For some, however, it might very well be.

If Nobama was a war hero...or even served his country...than I don't think it would be an issue.
Are you sure?

Anyway, last time I checked, serving in the military or being “a war hero” wasn’t a condition for office.

I am sorry, I didn't mean to imply you were saying it was a race issue, I was just saying, in my opinion, if it was an issue after he had served his country (a la McCain) than it would certainly be a race issue.

I never stated that serving in the military or being a war hero was a condition for office. I was merely stating that if he had had similar experiences to McCain, I don't think people would be pushing the birther issue as much. If he is good enough to lay his life on the line for his country, I would like to think that people wouldn't bring the issue up.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arrius
I always believed John McCain is so old that he was one of the first immigrants here over from Europe....

You just made my day!

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by adifferentbreed
reply to post by aero56

To American citizens serving in the military and stationed there............jesus, get over it, this is a stupid thread and deserves the hoax bin and nothing less.

It is precisely the point of making this thread! you should not just say that this thing is about is absurd or uninteresting. You have no idea who or what it is to run for President, or do you? Thus, this would be extremely interesting and of paramount importance for the nation's best!? There is another thread that Obama believes that the American people think he deserves re-elected for a further period. He deserves to throw up his birth certificate or accused of deliberately lied and god knows what else he could be prosecuted for and violation of the U.S. Constitution. Then you realize that you are precisely the kind of human product elites want, the type who does not care ...

edit on 17-4-2011 by stavis because: edit spelling

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePeopleParty
it does make sense for you to have none americans at the top of your politics, americans might care about the people they are represnting.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by spinalremain

Originally posted by Arrius
I always believed John McCain is so old that he was one of the first immigrants here over from Europe....

You just made my day!

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I love when people yell about facts, yet do not know them.

If you are born on a US military base that does not make you an American citizen. U.S. military bases are NOT considered under the 14th amendment as U.S.soil.

7 FAM 1100 ACQUISITION AND RETENTION OF U.S. CITIZENSHIP AND NATIONALITY

Birth on U.S. Military Base Outside of the United States or Birth on U.S. Embassy or Consulate Premises Abroad:
(1) Despite widespread popular belief, U.S. military installations abroadand U.S. diplomatic or consular facilities abroad are not part of the United States within the meaning of the 14th Amendment. Achild born on the premises of such a facility is not born in the United States and does not acquire U.S. citizenship by reason of birth.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ThaLoccster

Maybe not, but being born to an American parent is more than enough to qualify you for citizenship. Being a "natural born citizen" includes being born to US parents abroad, regardless of which country you're in or what job they do.

Seems fairly simple to me, not sure what all the fuss is about.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Seriously, why doesn't the USA just repeal this ''natural born citizen'' requirement ?

It's clearly antiquated.

It would save a lot of problems, and, logically speaking, would give the American people a far greater variety to choose from in their presidential elections.

I consider the ''birther'' argument - claiming that Obama was born in Kenya - to be both hysterical and illogical. Yet, hypothetically, if BHO was born in Kenya, then in what possible way would that affect his ability to fulfill the role of POTUS ?

Once again, Americans are slanting towards culture and tradition, rather than logic.

Poor show.

The rules state that the POTUS must be a over 35 and a ''natural born citizen'', yet logic dictates that he or she should be 18 or over, and a US citizen.

Think about it... scrapping this outdated and archaic rule, would pave the way for the Terminator to become your president.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/080e4ab077eb.jpg[/atsimg]

edit on 18-4-2011 by Sherlock Holmes because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Le poste double.

edit on 18-4-2011 by Sherlock Holmes because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join