It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Online Poker Prediction

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Ok, so now ten million or so Americans who played online poker yesterday can't play online poker today.

Would the Senate majority leader try to get a bill through in his name that wasn't serious? I know he got paid, but they all get paid. Barney frank slapped that [snip] down because THAT WAS HIS BILL!. Whaddya wanna bet that Barney's new bill gets passed, and the Feds start regulating and taxing that ASS!!!!

It's just a hostile takeover. Devoid the market of their product suddenly, then fill the void with your own horrible software, sick rake crap.

This is a double edged sword for me. I've made half a living on online poker for the last three years, but now I'm a poker dealer with a full schedule in Las Vegas. As I worked tonight, I asked three locals that I knew played online if they were going to show up more to play cash games, they all said pretty much in their own way, "Why do you think we're here?

At this point, I'm spending a lot of money rebuilding a car, and if the spillover from online makes my time worth more money, I'm all for it.

Online poker will be back. It will be back soon, and it will be back.... I was going to say strong, but it won't be strong, it will be weak. It will be weak because the innovators... the movers and shakers of the industry have been deposed. The software will lag, and be hard to use, and you will always face and audit at the end of each year. F the gov.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Where is BTS when you need it? I know no one here cares about this stuff. From now on, I'm only posting about poker. Online and otherwise. I am an industry professional, and a profitable poker player as well. If you have any questions, I'll be putting up more poker threads just for those who are interested.

Finally, a use for ATS.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by lo7s3v3n7ol

What's your opinion on the use of poker HUDs in online play?

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by coder22

This is where I have posted my opinion on HUDs. My HUD has changed significantly since this post, but this is what I was thinking.

Tournament HUD for Your Consideration and Feedback

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Yeah, ATS and I butted heads at the same time as I butted heads with poker.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
What is also interesting to note is that you don't see any of the names of poker pros in the list of indictments. Howard Lederer, Chris Ferguson, and Phil Ivey have collectively collected around half a billion from Full Tilt, it is speculated. They were smart to get the money and get the hell out for now.

new topics

top topics

join