It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BAN RELIGIONS!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2003 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Ban all religions? Now that I've seen the title again, you sound like a commie! Religion should be everyone's right! Maybe YOU are the antichrist!

posted on Apr, 12 2003 @ 01:33 PM
link   
well he is from sweden where religion is non-existant because of "political correctness", religions in the NWO will be banned, cept for the false religion

posted on Apr, 12 2003 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by James the Lesser
One reason why we have seperation of church and state is because of what happened in the past with catholic church in power.

They in power, they kill millions, kill science, kill medicine, kill everything.

They lose power, we become strong, make airplane, car, electricity, find out we not center, so forth.

Heck, when airplane and car and all that first came out was called evil by church.

Question is, if they had still been in power, would we today not have cars? Airplanes?

Not all religons bad though, just the monotheist ones.

Islam, well, middle east. Judism(sp?), roman empire. Christianity? Roman empire after they take over, dark ages, Crusades,
Inquisitions, trials, so forth. Polytheist? Witches, uh, well, killed by christians, but most they did was maybe prescribed wrong medicine
to the person and then they died for didn't have right one. Druids? One to two sacrifices a year, it was an honor, and could say no.
Buddist? Well, Budda main, but have smaller ones, and not to many wars that they started, no slaughters popped up on dogpile.com.
Hindu? Well, in third world countries a woman can be burnt to death for burning dinner, but not common place like Islam.(guy was arrsted)

But good point Helix, if wasn't for religon(one in particular)the Alexandria Library would be around. A roman emperor had destroyed(yes damged other
times, but this was the main one said to have destroyed more than 70% of it)
And of course people like Galileo(sp?) would have been able to speak without being threatened with death. Heck, using herbs for medicine
was enough to get you killed then for only witches didn't pray to god to make themselves better.

During dark ages almost all major advances were made in China. They also bathed, which was probably a good thing. Also lived longer.

No, James, it is not. And we do not have a "seperation of church and state" anywhere in the constitution. That idea came about mid way through last century in order for those who despise the Judeo-Christian morals and values to get God and His commands out.

This I've already described to you six ways from Sunday (pardon the religious humor), complete with quotes from Founding Fathers and in depth explanations of the constitution and what was meant by what was said (because of the changes in the language and the meanings of words, yet you still refuse instruction. That is it! I wash my hands and feet of you. You are untrainable. I feel very sorry for your teachers. Go forth and be without truth, spreading lies and misinformation for those who mean you ill-will in the long run.

Also, your silly little things about airplanes and cars and all are just that, silly. Stupid, actually. Is this what they teach you in your anti-Christian hate groups?

[Edited on 12-4-2003 by Thomas Crowne]

posted on Apr, 12 2003 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Religion should be a way of life not something you do on the weekends. Religion, good or bad has been with mankind for a long time. I don't think it is going to go anywhere anytime soon. It will change but until that bomb drops it is here to stay.

posted on Apr, 13 2003 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Religions are not responsibles of wars. Men interests are, and religion are used by men to pretext wars.

dwm

posted on Apr, 15 2003 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Yea, the end is near. The recent technology advancements in the past hundred years that make it possible to have a one world government and the current problems with Israel are just more steps in the direction indicated by Biblical prophesy.

The rest of this is aimed at that "ban religion" stuff...

First, I understand that others might view things differently (and that is certainly their right), but please be warned that I speak from the perspective of a Christian and I don't pretend to make claims about anyone else's beliefs.

That said, I don't like calling Christianity a religion sometimes, because many "Christians" get caught up in religion and end up missing the point. It isn't written, "the righteous will live by religion", but "the righteous will live by faith." You can tell a person who has submitted to Christ by his actions, because "faith without works is dead". Not that salvation requires works, but rather one flows from the other. Luke 6 says, "No good tree bears bad fruit, nor does a bad tree bear good fruit. Each tree is recognized by its own fruit. People do not pick figs from thornbushes, or grapes from briers. The good man brings good things out of the good stored up in his heart, and the evil man brings evil things out of the evil stored up in his heart. For out of the overflow of his heart his mouth speaks."

The people who start wars in the name of Christ, the priests molesting children - these people are not acting like Christians. They have taken God's word and mutilated it to suit their purpose. Although they knew what was right, they rejected it. Those who ignore their conscience shipwreck their faith and are handed over to Satan (1 Tim 1:19-20), who is a destroyer. It is not surprising that he would attack the followers of Christ. Understand his mindset here (some of this is my guesswork, but it seems to make since). Before creation, Satan knew he would be punished for his rebellion. When God made humanity in his image - something He loved, he knew if they sinned God would have to condemn them as well. God knew this, let us sin, then offered us a way out of judgment, something Satan can never have access to. Satan knows this and tries his best to prevent as many people as possible from escaping judgment, because he knows God loves us. This includes attacks against the church that teaches redemption.

So please do not judge Christianity based on what people do in the name of Christ, but judge it on the way Christ said we should live, because Jesus said (John 14:15), "If you love Me, you will keep My commandments."

So what are his commandments? You said we should ban religion, that religion is the reason we have all these problems. So lets see what Jesus said that was so bad that caused all these problems.

One of them, an expert in the law, tested him with this question: "Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?" Jesus replied: "'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments."
-Matthew 22

So banning this is kind of like saying it is bad for us to show love for one another. What happens most of the time is that people want to be treated the way Christ told us to treat each other (no one wants to be lied to, cheated on, murdered, etc), but no one wants to return the favor. The reason for this is not religion (which you blamed), but our own sinful desires. What we have just isn't good enough for us. The idea of loving (and therefore obeying) a God that holds us accountable for this sounds repulsive to you, and you think banning religion will make the problems go away. You know it won't.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join