It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

supporting our enemies............

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
even the most anti-corporate posters know damn well they have no choice but to support their enemies.
even if you don't drive you must admit to handing over money to your enemies.
if you live on the grid you must cringe every time you turn on a light bulb or use natural gas, propane etc.....
time to fess up, how do you support your enemies?
i'm very anti-war myself, and especially bitch at myself for every tax dollar i spend, knowing a good percentage is going towards the wars.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
No point in beating yourself up about it!
OK so it can be galling to know some of your tax dollars are paying for bombs that incinerate children in Afghanistan/Pakistan.

Try to temper those feelings by doing something constructive, like informing your collegues/family as to the true nature of US coporate power

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by rubbertramp

The problem isn't in any individual buying into the "system". You have to buy into it one form or another to exist as part of society.

Just like the individual human who wants change you must first know yourself and be active within yourself to change for the better society is no different. The "outsiders" who live off the grid and don't pay into society can't change it for the better. They are quitters. You must live within society, pay into the evils. But be careful and minimize whee you can. Above all be conscious of the evil you are buying into. Educate as many as you can and from within you can exact change.

This reminds me of a friend of mine who is very pro 2nd amendment and gun ownership. He lives in California with the most restrictive gun ownership in the States. He follows all the laws. I asked him why he didn't leave and move to a state where he can own what he wants. "This is my home and I will change it, I will not run from it" was his response.

I think it is the same here. Buy those bombs, make the rich richer and the poor go deeper. Mitigate it where you can, but above all be active in pushing for the change you want to see. And be active from within.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Saracen1

No point in beating yourself up about it!

oh, it's nothing like that.
although i did bang my head against the wall for a short spell.

seriously though, i think it is a matter of being aware of where our money goes.
it's like plastic, i hate the stuff, wish it was all made out of hemp grown in the mid-west instead of oil.
ain't gunna' happen anytime soon.
so, the next best thing is to be aware of all the packaging from everything we buy.
impossible to avoid, even when 'buying american'.

i used to love my american made levis.
i still kinda' sorta' maybe almost love my newer ones made in thailand, or honduras, or wherever there's a 14 year old sitting at the sewing machine.

edit on 15-4-2011 by rubbertramp because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-4-2011 by rubbertramp because: (no reason given)

top topics

join