It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pink Floyds 'Comfortably Numb'...the Pulse version. Gilmour at his best!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Hang in there for one of the best lead breaks ever...and it is voted like that on many sites. Gilmour is a God playing this. So many people have never listened to this track and are blown away...see how many views it has had and the comments are wonderful.
Take the time and just enjoy.

ETA: Its all magic, but the mindblowing stuff starts at 4.54 until the end.

edit on 15-4-2011 by annella because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Here is the UK link for those who live in the UK

Neraka

edit on 15-4-2011 by Neraka because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Dave's guitar makes the song. It's soulful wailing in the first solo, then the shrieking cry's during the outro. What breaks the song though is the lack of Rogers voice during the verses. The verses would have been better in the Floyd days without Roger by just using Rick's voice singing them. /sigh

Dave, Rick, Roger and Nick were ALL Pink. But that's another thread unto itself.

This was indeed one of Dave's best solo's and the band's best songs. Thanks for posting it. I'm personally just glad this was the last song they ever played together... It just sounds right as a band. Look at Nick right at the start of the second verse. He's listening and enjoying it as much as the rest of us were!

edit on 15-4-2011 by webpirate because: Additional thoughts.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I'm glad i saw them in '94 on the Division Bell tour.

I still own the zippo that was lit high and proud during a lot of their songs.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I own this DVD and It's definitely my favorite concert DVD..
Great video

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   
I own this did,he(gilmour)is just brilliant and this one is his baby(wrote it).well S+F for you as pink Floyd is my life,got every cd,did+book ,so loving this thread as I get lonely being a Floyd fan(no one around me likes them),also gutted I was not at o2 arena last nite in UK,roger had Dave gilmour come on stage for a one off also nick mason was there too... ... gutted....sighs.
and Dave done comfortably numb...............daydream......bigger sighs lol

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   
The Freemasons have the letter "G" between their square and dividers..............
Any suggestions what it stand for?

Gilmour

Thanks for posting,

PEACE,
RK

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Awesome I just posted a thread of Pink Floyd Live - Dogs of War from one of those concerts. The talented Dave Gilmour - legend in the pop industry!

Great minds think alike!

new topics

top topics

join