It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

300-million-year-old human fossils falsified evolution

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by TheDebunkMachine

Modern people may not recognize the mass extinction events I mentioned, which I elaborate a bit below:

Mass extinction event: In a few hours' time, two thirds of all living human beings on Earth died. Many of the remaining human beings died shortly after the event too. But humans never went extinct. Before the event, humans had developed very advanced civilization. After the event, the remaining humans had to return to low-tech lives and primitive lives. It took very, very long time for humans to develop again low-tech civilization from the primitive societies.

Dinosaurs and humans went through quite a few such mass extinction events. It is not easy to tell exactly when such events took place if people do not really know our distant past.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 04:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Roselyie

Thank you for your ideas.

" I'm finished...we don't really have anything to debate about."

Debates are not good for anyone. Perhaps you can save a lot of people with this thing: wretchfossil.blogspot.com...

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 05:05 AM
link   
I admire your courage on this site.

Whilst 300m years is a stretch, you have sent out a benchmark to all, as...
Lately on here, there has been nothing more than , to be , somewhat, frank... idiotic posts without any substance.

I support 2 million years for modern humans.

I am a Geophysicist

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by linliangtai
reply to post by TheDebunkMachine

Modern people may not recognize the mass extinction events I mentioned, which I elaborate a bit below:

Mass extinction event: In a few hours' time, two thirds of all living human beings on Earth died. Many of the remaining human beings died shortly after the event too. But humans never went extinct. Before the event, humans had developed very advanced civilization. After the event, the remaining humans had to return to low-tech lives and primitive lives. It took very, very long time for humans to develop again low-tech civilization from the primitive societies.

Okay... I work in a paleontology lab, and I work with a lot of dinosaur material.

This scenario never happened.

How do we know?
* there are lots of fossils (most of them are fairly humble marine fossils, and they number in the bazillions) that show life didn't suddenly collapse. The extinction events take hundreds or thousands of years to complete.
* civilizations have a huge impact on the planet. Creatures don't wake up one day and say "hey, I'm tired of living in trees. I'm going to invent the I-phone today and advanced space travel because I'm bored." In order to get to any device (and maintain it) you need a large population, resource use (mines, trees, farms, ways of getting products around, ways of moving people and things, etc, etc) which all change the structure of the earth -- including how the soil is crushed. And before you get there, your creatures have to learn how to mine, smelt, use fuels, develop advanced chemistry (yes, even if aliens come in and zap their brains and hand them Ipaqs) and power technology.
* Civilizations leave artifacts.

Dinosaurs and humans went through quite a few such mass extinction events. It is not easy to tell exactly when such events took place if people do not really know our distant past.

The archosaurs aren't dinosaurs, and only a few groups survived the Permian extinction. The only dinosaurs to survive the Cretaceous (note: they didn't all drop dead within weeks or days) was the velociraptor lineage that had modified to become the first birds (30 million years before the end of the Cretaceous.)

And the "fossils" in the original article ... aren't fossils. They've been examined by others. I've seen numerous photos of the "skullcap," which is far too thick to be a real human skull (while going to college, I was a Teaching Assistant for the human anatomy labs, so I've seen a lot of human skulls and know how thick they can be.)

The owner of the "skull" also has (as I recall) "fossilized kidney" and other such artifacts. They're limestone rocks that he thinks look like human organs. Any biology student who's taken human anatomy will tell you that the real organs look nothing like these rocks (even if you squashed and compressed them they still don't look like those "fossil" organs.)

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

"This scenario never happened."
You did not prove it. What I said was massive human deaths, not animal deaths.
You did not falsify the calvarium fossil in my original article. Calvarium contains brain parts. It is not the same as cranium or skulls. You cannot use thickness to determine if something is a calvarium or not.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join