It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Goldman blasted for conflicts of interest

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I didn't see this posted anywhere yet, but if my search just happened to miss a previous thread mods feel free to delete this.

Goldman blasted for conflicts of interest

"Our investigation found a financial snake pit rife with greed, conflicts of interest, and wrongdoing," said Senator Carl Levin, chairman of the Senate subcommittee charged with investigating the causes of the financial crisis.

Now I know that this is just a report, but I feel like maybe Congress isn't going to just keep letting banks get away with fraud. It seems like as of late many in Congress have been speaking out against Wall Street, and that has spread a lot to the general population.

And this is how awareness will be spread. Not many people are willing to take the time and research how businesses and banks run. But when MSM (even with how controlled by the elite it is) runs these stories, it gives me hope, because I know many people rely only on MSM for their information.

If a "scathing" report is what it takes to get people interested in the wrongdoings of banks, then I am all for it. Hell, I hope there is many more to come.

Maybe, if we are lucky, people will start calling for reforms to banks. And they will hold their elected officials to these reforms. Of course, that is only if we are lucky.

I hope the people awaken soon, and stop letting the minority rape the majority.

EDIT:
The article basically says that a Senate panel, by way of internal documents and memos and testimony, issued a report stating there is evidence of greed, corruption, and wrongdoings in Goldman Sachs and Deutshce Bank. They were implicated for securities, which they marketed out to clients yet bet against them at the same time.

"In my opinion, they (Goldman) clearly misled their clients and they misled the Congress," Levin added.

The panel even goes as far to directly call them out for misleading us.
edit on 13-4-2011 by TripleSalCal because: Added info

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
if congress has let FOBAMA do what he has done and pretty much has let him slide thus far,what makes you think that they will do anything to the banks? the real power of this nation...

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by gdaub23

I never said I expected them to do anything to the banks. I said maybe this is a step towards that though. A report is much better than nothing at all, is it not?

Do I hope they will do something to the banks? Yes. Do I think they will? I'm not holding my breath.

If we hold our lawmakers accountable, we may be able to force them to. But it will take the determination of every person in our nation.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by TripleSalCal

i didnt mean that to be directed at you...it was more of a general question pointing it out that maybe shoulda been a statement instead...

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by gdaub23

Hey, I understand. No harm no foul right?

But that is the thing. People just expect things to change because they are bad. But there is no drive to make things better, no fire in the bellies of Americans who are being used like mats.

Sorry, I've been on this whole "what the hell is going on America" mindset for awhile. Just needed an outlet!

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by TripleSalCal

dont worry i think everyone has been asking what the hell is happening to this once great country lately but i think that its only a matter of time before enough people ask themselves that question one too many times and will decide,hopefully,collectively to get together and stop the bs in its tracks

new topics

top topics

join