It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So what

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Hi everyone. Despite my lack of posts or S&F's I've actually been a long time lurker of this site. I wanted to say hello and ask a question that's been years in the making. Especially after reading the forums on this site for so many years. The question is:

So, what?

So what if aliens and UFOs exist?
So what if 9/11 was an inside job?
So what if HAARP is a malicious tool of the government?
So what if JFK was killed by his own country?
So what if 2012 is really the end of days?
So what if Niburu Planet X is real?
So what if the Bilderberg Group runs the world?

And what I mean by asking "so what?" is not to say that none of it matters or they're not valid topics of great importance. By saying "so what" I mean to challenge you and ask what does it mean to you personally?

I'm betting, for the strong majority here, that it affects you very little. Or probably not at all. Like me, most of you will wake up tomorrow, brush your teeth, make breakfast for your kids, get dressed and go to work. You may have a friend or an associate that you share what you learn here.

I'm also assuming that the majority of you here are free-thinkers with above-average intelligence. You don't buy into mainstream news media. You have the tenacity to doubt whatever information that TPTB are feeding you. You extrapolate information on your own. You connect the dots. You read between the lines. You see the bigger picture.

But, and I ask this again respectfully, so what??

Let's assume, for the sake of my question, that the majority of the hypotheses and conspiracies presented here are true. Let's pretend that one by one we present to the world a "smoking gun" for every wild-eyed conspiracy on this site. What would happen? I submit the following prediction:

Nothing.

Okay, okay, I will agree that there will be outrage, sure. Some protests? Okay. And of course lots of stories on CNN and every other news agency running 24/7 for a few months. But what about change? Real change. The kind of change that Egyptians are still vying for. The kind of change where the Bilderberg Group are rendered useless. The kind of change that doesn't base government on the encumbering of debt upon its people without due cause. A change that encourages a world where creativity and courage are rewarded. On a personal note, I'd like the kind of change where one day my great great grandchildren could be enrolled in an actual Starfleet Academy.

But, I know better and so do most of you.

This saddens me deeply. Because at the core of every conspiracy is this gnawing truth. We, the people, are not in charge. The worlds' governments do not trade in truths but rather struggle to find the newest lie to cover up the latest unethical act. We, the people, are in fact just slaves. I think the slave masters figured out long ago that it's easier to manage a lot of slaves by giving them the impression they were free.

The few who are really in charge have stuck by a tried and true credo to gain and keep their power over the past millenia: "divide and conquer"

If you go to work and share what you've learned on this great site with everyone you know, well, you're bound to at least get laughed at. Bring up 9/11 to a co-worker who has family who serves in the Middle East and you'll probably get accused of treason, insensitivity, or perhaps just get punched in the face. So many of you, like myself, probably just confide in the reasonable few. This despite what Lincoln has said: "The sin of silence when they should protest makes cowards of men."

We are a divided people. We belong to different political parties, unions, clubs, corporations, and races. And they exploit these differences. How can we, as a people, connect the dots when every single one of us see different dots? The short of it is we can't.

So, what then?

I humbly remind you all of John F. Kennedy's words: "Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable."

I do not condone violence. I am sick of the wars. I have lost my own father because of the Vietnam War. But eventually there comes a time when a change is needed and violence is a result. I'm not here to suggest we all raise arms and storm the castle. But I am here to suggest to all of you that knowing the truth is not enough. To live in a world where the truth is humanity's stock and trade is a world I endeavor to live in and one that I want my children to grow up in. So, what? What do we do? What do I do?

I don't know.

But I do believe in another quote by another Kennedy:

Each time a man stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope...building a current that can sweep down the mightiest walls of oppression and resistance.

I wish to start off my first post by sending forth a tiny ripple of hope.

edit on 13-4-2011 by formidablefoe because: grammar fix

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
So what? indeed.

Well said, looking forward to more of your posts.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
You certainly know how to make an entrance! You are correct in that all of this effort, all of these thoughts and speculation that we share here everyday often do not lead us to an immediate truth. We continue our daily routines with these lingering thoughts in the back of our minds, but so what? Well, at the very least, I like to think that it makes us more open-minded, and at the same time makes us more alert and skeptical to a lot of the embellished information.

Anyway, great post. It's well-written with some fresh perspective.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Thanks for the warm welcome and kind words!

I look forward to adding to the discussions.

new topics

top topics

join