It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

deleted members

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Hey I've seen for some members it says deleted member. Not banned but "Deleted Member". Also it shows them registered in 1969. How is that possible. This site was formed in what the late 90's and the internet wasn't even around in 69. Computers were still the size of houses. Who are these members. Also I whats up with their usernames.

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 02:09 PM
link   
*whoops* I mean can you tell me which members say 1969?

[edit on 26-7-2004 by RANT]

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Its a coding issue, if you are inactive since registering you get a default date 1969 is the beginning of UNIX time I believe. This has been discussed before.

There have been some deleted members used to give clues in the hunt and without links I would say that is what you have found.

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by RANT
Guys, we've got temporal bleed through. Reality B members are seeing posts from the Originators.

Who in the world are the Originators

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by cyberdude78
Who in the world are the Originators

I'm so kidding, it's only funny to a nut job like me. Sorry.

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Oh well. It doesn't hurt to be curious though. I've seen three members deleted. ��۟��ײ�׹��ۚ� is one of them and his or her posts have weird symbols in stead of letters just like in their username. Saw most of this in the thread called USA vs. Russia on the second page.
Heres the link.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 7/26/2004 by cyberdude78]

[edit on 7/26/2004 by cyberdude78]

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by cyberdude78
Hey I've seen for some members it says deleted member. Not banned but "Deleted Member". Also it shows them registered in 1969. How is that possible. This site was formed in what the late 90's and the internet wasn't even around in 69. Computers were still the size of houses. Who are these members. Also I whats up with their usernames.

the ones in 1969 are part of the "hunt"...

hopes this helps...

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 06:20 PM
link   
ATS exists beyond the space/time dimension. There are posters from all eternity on the board.

What you see is filtered by "todays" date. So people who are posting here in the future can see your posts, but you can't see theirs. So the software only allows you to view the posts from the future as that date is activaed as "todays date"

Owing to a coding bug, those deleted members are infact members from the future. Their membership defaults to the first board creation date, and is unfortunatly visible. As your "today date" becomes theirs, the names will change to member instead of deleted.

So called "deleted" members will be set as "visible = false" in the code soon, at this time they will not be seen at all. Please do not mention this temporal anomaly outside of this board.

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Netchicken
ATS exists beyond the space/time dimension. There are posters from all eternity on the board.

What you see is filtered by "todays" date. So people who are posting here in the future can see your posts, but you can't see theirs. So the software only allows you to view the posts from the future as that date is activaed as "todays date"

Owing to a coding bug, those deleted members are infact members from the future. Their membership defaults to the first board creation date, and is unfortunatly visible. As your "today date" becomes theirs, the names will change to member instead of deleted.

So called "deleted" members will be set as "visible = false" in the code soon, at this time they will not be seen at all. Please do not mention this temporal anomaly outside of this board.

wow it MUST of took you some time to think ALL that up

its a cool thought though...

new topics

top topics

join