It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do you think made this?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
What do you think made this?

I was searching Google earth for meteor impact sites in my area and came upon these marks. It sort of looks like someone took a bull dozer or something and started digging. But the weird thing is that one is pointed at both ends. The first one is over 1000 feet long and 60 feet at the widest. Almost looks like something crash landed as it skips of the valleys. And it looks like the dirt is piled up on both ends and in the center.

And it’s really in a desolate area. I mean I see no reason why anyone would want to go out there and start digging.

That’s when I found the second smaller one. That one looks like something crashed and plowed the dirt up on the end of it.

There are other strange marks in the same vicinity which I can’t figure out. Anyway, any ideas what they could be?

I have always planned on taking a trip up there but haven’t had the time. And right now wouldn’t be a good time as I think the soil would be a little too soft this time of year to be traveling those dirt roads.

Google Earth coordinates:

The big one: 47 41’26.26”N 119 19’13.43”W

Small one: 47 40’21.12”N 119 19’37.67”W

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Could be a dry river? I don't know, I think it could be anything...

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Not sure without a closer look. But perhaps a collapsed series of subterranean caverns?

If you could find out the type of rock in the area too, you could look up some examples of classic geological formations which are found with those rocks.

My guess is limestone...

new topics

join