It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is This Crap For Real? UN document would give 'Mother Earth' same rights as humans

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Is This Crap For Real? UN document would give 'Mother Earth' same rights as humans

www.canada.com

UNITED NATIONS — Bolivia will this month table a draft United Nations treaty giving "Mother Earth" the same rights as humans — having just passed a domestic law that does the same for bugs, trees and all other natural things in the South American country.

The bid aims to have the UN recognize the Earth as a living entity that humans have sought to "dominate and exploit" — to the point that the "well-being and existence of many beings" is now threatened.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
What on earth (no pun intended) convinced ANYONE ANYWHERE that goons like this be allowed to propose things to the UN?

I think I'm going to draft one together now that establishes Papa Sky as a living entity too, we don't want leave out the atmosphere...

What a serious case of moron here.

Now watch - as all the enviro-wackos jump on here and start flaming, ask them them what their response would be if these same goons were to present a resolution about God...

I don't know whether to laugh or cry at this - laugh because it's ridiculous, cry because it's actually being considered.

www.canada.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Im afraid another member has beat you to the punch on this interesting item... please contribute there: www.abovetopsecret.com...

thread closed

new topics

join