It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: Israel's 'first strike' plan against Iran ready

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 09:05 AM
link   
I think that WWIII will break out if Isreal attacks Iran,
What do you think will happen?

www.jpost.com.../JPArticle/ShowFull&cid=1090121780879

Israel has completed military rehearsals for a pre-emptive strike against Iran's nuclear power facility at Bushehr, Israeli officials told the London-based Sunday Times.

Such a strike is likely if Russia supplies Iran with fuel rods for enriching uranium. The rods, currently stored at a Russian port, are expected to be delivered late next year after a dispute over financial terms is resolved.

An Israeli defense source in Tel Aviv, who confirmed that the military rehearsals had taken place, told the paper: "Israel will on no account permit Iranian reactors - especially the one being built in Bushehr with Russian help - to go critical."

The source was also quoted as saying that any strike on the Gulf coast facility at Bushehr would probably be carried out by long-range F-15I jets, overflying Turkey, with simultaneous operations by commandos on the ground.

"If the worst comes to the worst and international efforts fail," the source was quoted as saying, "we are very confident we'll be able to demolish the ayatollahs' nuclear aspirations in one go."

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 09:31 AM
link   
I don't see as a WWIII, unless this our president decided to start a crusade in favor of Israel then still will not be a WWlll But rather to support Israel in case of a muslin radical invasion for attacking an Islamic country.

Israel most be very daring or he knows something that the rest of the world don't if it is going to bomb Iran and get away unscathed

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I wouldn't expect WWIII from that, and it's arguable that WWIII is already well underway. I guess it's a matter of definition.

There is precedent for an Israeli strike (that may have even involved tactical nukes, no less) on reactors in hostile countries, and it's not like the situation was any less tense before.

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 09:45 AM
link   
The reason it might start WW3 is that the US forces will ignore Israels planees and troops coming and going, but will stop the Iranians. Remember, this is what we want also-to have the power plant distroyed.

top topics

join