It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10 things to learn from Japan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I was sent this today and I though I would share, if this is already up my apologizes.

10 things to learn from Japan – SKYNEWS reported this few days back.

1. THE CALM
Not a single visual of chest-beating or wild grief. Sorrow itself has been elevated.

2. THE DIGNITY
Disciplined queues for water and groceries. Not a rough word or a crude gesture. Their patience is admirable and praiseworthy.

3. THE ABILITY
The incredible architects, for instance. Buildings swayed but didn’t fall.

4. THE GRACE (Selflessness)
People bought only what they needed for the present, so everybody could get something.

5. THE ORDER
No looting in shops. No honking and no overtaking on the roads. Just understanding.

6. THE SACRIFICE
Fifty workers stayed back to pump sea water in the N-reactors. How will they ever be repaid?

7. THE TENDERNESS
Restaurants cut prices. An unguarded ATM is left alone. The strong cared for the weak.

8. THE TRAINING
The old and the children, everyone knew exactly what to do. And they did just that.

9. THE MEDIA
They showed magnificent restraint in the bulletins. No silly reporters. Only calm reportage. Most of all – NO POLITICIANS TRYING TO GET CHEAP MILEAGE. (Indian politicos are you listening?)

10. THE CONSCIENCE
When the power went off in a store, people put things back on the shelves and left quietly.With their country in the midst of a colossal disaster, the people of Japan can teach plenty of lessons to the world.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/870496c65600.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
The Japanese have an interesting way of life, even though it may seem that they lost their original culture of honor ever since they adopted guns and the "whites" sort of took over, they still seem to have maintained it all this time.

I read somewhere that when eurpeans went to Japan they they noticed that the japanese were very clean and ate very properly and that even the wealthy eurpeans were very dirty and did not have many manners while eating a meal; So its seemed they were a little jealous and I think they sort of copied the manners at the dinner table but I forgot; anyways one thing im sure of is that the Eurpeans, even though most Japanese were disciplined and humble and all that, they still called them savages. Like if saying they were lesser than them. when obviously they were very knowledgable.

Discipline and Respect is very important, I dont see much of it today.
edit on 11-4-2011 by Whirpool because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
While they have behaved much better than most countries would, there were plenty of hospitals and nursing homes that were abandoned and patients left to die. Those stories can be found in the Japan forum here.

Your point is well noted, however.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Abney

I absolutly agree, sometimes we only see one side of things and this is the good side, there is always a bad side too, thanks!

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I agree it seems the people of Japan are dealing with this situation well. I wish I could say the same about MSM, Tepco and the Japanese Government. Perhaps this whole idea that the government and corporations knows best idea is backwards after all.

1. The highly controlled media.
2. The unwillingness to co-operate with internationals regarding the reactors.
3. The unwillingness for government to seize control of the situation.
4. The blatant lies told to the people regarding the situation.
5. The unwillingness of government and corporation to heed warnings regarding use of MOX fuel.
6. The engineers to build excessive nuclear reactors near a fault and on the ocean despite warnings.
7. The failure to extend safe zones despite obvious indicators that they should have been.

Feel free to add more, there are plenty I am sure.

edit on 11-4-2011 by TheRemedial because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
If that wave would have come here, Everybody would have a new T.V. by now.

You're headline should read, "The Japaneese have started looting. .... Sike."

edit on 11-4-2011 by president because: speeling

edit on 11-4-2011 by president because: grammer? and punctuation??

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I think the number one thing to learn from this is that we cannot leave the control of nuclear power in the hands of the host countries governments or multi national companies.

The world suffers from failures and pays the costs in both lives, jobs and money. Cheap energy indeed.

If we must have these power stations the where and how these are built and the maintenance there after should be open to scrutiny by everyone. Only the power they produce should be in control of the hosts/multi national companies.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by president

Thats for sure, new T.V`s, Sneakers, cellphones, laptops and anything else that could be carried out of store. Remember what happened after Katrina, when they were looting anything that could be carried away. If that happened here you would have people walking around looking through the rubble looking for anything they could scavenge to loot and sell.
edit on 11-4-2011 by Iamherefornow because: spelling

new topics

top topics

join