It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thank you, ATS ! - Thread leads to UFO sighting

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
This is my first thread, so I apologize in advance for any errors I might commit, and the fact that I have no visual evidence to support the details. I merely want to share an incident that occurred on March 21, 2011 to myself and my husband here in SC.

Since the Japan quake, I've been keeping an eye on the MSM, but have been sorely disappointed by the lack of coverage of what I consider the potentially most significant disaster the world has been exposed to. It would seem that Uncle Sam extending his central facial feature into Middle Eastern tribal warfare is far and away more important than educating a concerned populace upon effective methods to cope with global radiation, therefore I've found that more and more I've been relying upon ATS to obtain information. I've discovered that quite often MSM breaking news is already old news to the sharp-eyed alert ATSers, but as with any resource, I evaluate the info, do my own research, shift through the facts and eliminate the garbage before forming an opinion.

Thus to the point...I had been reading the thread about the strange rumbling noises when my husband comes home from work and makes a comment about hearing an odd sound and wanted me to step outside to determine if I heard it as well. Before I could, the grandbaby playing with the puppies caused a messy distraction that needed cleaning up, so it was some time before I could re-direct my attention. My husband who had been in and out a few more times, kept talking about this noise, describing it as a very low rumbling, almost like thunder far in the distance. He actually said he "felt" it more than heard it. I responded with a comment about the ATS thread, which really peaked his curiosity, and away he went again.

As I was putting away the broom and dustpan, he comes charging into the house excited over something he had just seen. Nothing would satisfy until I went outside as he described what he had seen. Rising from a point on the western horizon, an object that displayed red, green and blue blinking lights in apparent sequence had streaked eastward through the sky at what he considered a phenomenally rapid rate before simply disappearing.

I think it appropriate to state a few observations at this point. Though I did not witness the object he saw, it was a clear evening with no clouds. We live on 60 acres in a rural area, so ground illumination interference is minimal. With exception of the treeline bordering the hay meadows, our view of the horizon is relatively unimpeded for 360 degrees. Also my husband, having been formerly in the aviation industry, is familiar with aircraft, their associated sounds, and identifying characteristics. Having grown up in upstate NY, he has seen the aurora borealis before and as a huinting and fishing enthusiast, he has seen his share of meteorites and shooting stars. He has never posited any belief in UFOs or ETs, so he's not one to look up and wave them on down. With no reason to pull a prank or lie to me, I have to say with a reasonable amount of assurance, he saw something he wasn't familiar with.

Back to the event....We were standing in the yard scanning the skies. We are familiar with the usual flight paths over our property, so we can usually spot conventional aircraft without any difficulty. Darkness had completely fallen and stars were plainly discernible. It was approximately 8:50 pm EDT. Just two nights previous, the 19th, we had been outside observing the Supermoon and the constellations, and Orion was visible in the SSW sky. The 20th we had rain and heavily overcast conditions, so no moon sighting, but the 21st was clear once again. Orion was well above the SW horizon once more. I notice Orion more since it's one of the few constellations I can easily pick out. I had been looking at it before momentarily glancing at the heavens to the south. As I looked back to Orion, I noticed an extremely bright white light that had not been there a split nanosecond before. My first thought was "Where did THAT star come from?" Wanting to ascertain I was seeing something out of the norm, I called out to my husband, "Look...left side of Orion's Belt...What's that light?...Wasn't there a sec ago...wasn't there Friday night, either."

As my husband directed his attention where I indicated, the well defined stationary light which was (from our perspective) a pencil's width above Orion's Belt and slightly to the left of Altinak, the left most star, began to move rapidly to the right. Maintaining the same apparent width above the reference points, the light proceeded past Alnilham (the Belt's center star) before it's color altered to a brilliantly uniform golden hue and increased in brightness. As the object came into line with and above Mintaka (the Belt's right-most star) it simply disappeared. It did not go behind a cloud. It did not re-appear in another part of the sky, either on it's anticipated trajectory or anywhere else. It just vanished.

As we stood there we our mouths agape, a meteorite came arcing into view and burned up in the exact same spot where the UFO had been seen first. Needless to say, I was astounded. Not only had I and my husband just witnessed something we couldn't easily explain, but also that whatever the object may have been, appeared to have taken evasive action to avoid collision with another object. I've never seen a meteorite that early in the evening before and beyond that fact, it was rather distinctive in that it had a definite similar golden hue to that of the object moving away from it, which caused me to wonder if it had any connection with the object's altered color, as in a reflection off it's surface.

By no means am I declaring this an unexplainable event. I'm sure there are several logical reasons to define what we saw, although for me, I will probably to continue to think of it as my first UFO experience. I just wished to let fellow ATS members know that had I not been reading some very interesting threads, I might have missed a very cool anomaly in the skies.

So thanks to all you dedicated posters who keep the info flowing. You've literally opened up the universe for this lil' ol' ATS newcomer.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   
WOW lats alot o words

Sounds like a cool sighting

What part of SC are you in?
I got family in Simpsonville

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I'm in the foothills of Pickens County...Simpsonville is about 30 miles from us. My dad worked there until his retirement & his subsequent move to Lake Greenwood.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by ladyjem

By no means am I declaring this an unexplainable event. I'm sure there are several logical reasons to define what we saw, although for me, I will probably to continue to think of it as my first UFO experience. I just wished to let fellow ATS members know that had I not been reading some very interesting threads, I might have missed a very cool anomaly in the skies.

Honestly, it seems like you & your husband saw an aircraft, and later a couple of meteorites in Orion.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by ladyjem

Wonder if instead of evading a meteor your UFO was evading an attack! I myself did not believe in UFO's and all of it until a very short time ago I was outside in my yard and heard people making a fuss when I looked up I saw a strange green plasma worm. It is good to have other people who witness the sighting with you so you know you are not going insane. New here too and having a ball reading some of these accounts. Happy exploring!

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 03:29 AM
link   
So true NC...it does indeed sooth one's ruffled sanity when there are corroborating eyewitnesses suffering the same pyschosis...still whether conventional aircraft or no, even with a handful of witnesses, credibility will be always be a hotly disputed issue. Should the existance of UFO's be an actuality, I think no less than a mothership hovering above every major city in the world a la Independence Day will suffice as proof and even then there will always be naysayers and fence sitters...

The thrill and beauty of diversity...don't you just love it?!!

join