It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cost of War Shows Us Something

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
I believe the cost of war definitely shows that oil and other resources are worth waaaaaaayyyyyyyyyy more than current prices.

If we are willing to spend $700 Billion on fighting/year, wouldn't you think it would be cheaper to just buy all the oil with that much money? Why are we fighting for it when we have more than enough money to buy it?

Maybe it's more than just oil. Maybe blood oil is just a way for them to confuse us.

Maybe it really has to do with global domination (inevitable in my opinion).

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Its about power, is about greed.
And there is alot of money to be made killing someone that, is the sad fact
edit on 8-4-2011 by meathed because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by die_another_day

My sentiments are the same.
I asked that question during my deployment during Desert Shield/Desert Storm and the actions ever since.
Why not just pay for the damn stuff? And not with blood or ever increasing debt.

Is it any wonder I consider it all some sort of conspiracy?

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Hang on folks!

You are forgetting the other leg of the equation.

There are BOATLOADS of money to be made off of war. Unimaginable amounts to most of us. Bankers, Military/Industrial Complexers, Media, Politicians, so on and so forth.

While I fully agree about "just paying for it", there are other factors involved.

I hate them, but it's reality.

Peace.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   
The question you have to ask i think is what do you get for your 700 billion and the answer is, nobody knows? Why aren't we using more nuclear power? why aren't we using more hydro-electic? why aren't we using more natural gas? Why aren't we using more geo-thermal? Why don't we drill for our own oil, and stop funding countries that want to hurt us anyway? How is it our military keeps getting used in un-constitutional employments? is our government ignoring it's constitutional limitations on purpose? I think your right, that for 700 billion dollars we could do alot more constructive things at home, and for once let the rest of the world deal with a United States that doesn't need to make "coalitions" to keep the country running hot straight and true. I am pretty sure we wouldn't need to be overseas so much if we had more secure energy sources at home. Then we could start worrying about the food issue next!
We should listen to what Geo Washington told us and stay OUT of wars overseas, unless of course, we get attacked first!
edit on 9-4-2011 by CosmosKid because: spelling.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
I think with $700 Billion you can buy off all the real estate in Beijing and sell it for $1.4 Trillion.

way better investment.

join