It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Immortaity plausable or unplausable

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Nothing else makes any sense, since there is nothing that is not, and what is is already always eternal, since it must have arisen from and within the contextual framework of eternity.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Much of what we perceive in our limited view of reality makes little sense. The time will come when immortality is here - not in our future, but in our present. That day is sooner than you think. The only destroyer of that is armageddon.

I, for one, welcome immortality. There is far too much of this world and all that's in it for me to see and experience in one lifetime. I want to be around to see my 120th birthday, 80 years from now.

When, and if, it comes there will have to be a worldwide policy on births. Population growth will have to be monitored.

I still believe the immortals will die from such things as accidents, so lifespan will be extended, but not indefinitely. True immortality will come with the machines.

Think of it, the human body is a biological machine. Like all machines, it wears out. If you can fix up and repair the parts, you can keep that machine going indefinitely. Like a vintage car.

To not strive for immortality? What would be the point of man?

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by FarBeyondDriven69
I got to say if I could take a pill every day that would reverse my age back to about 20-25 and keep me there I would do it but if I was told I had to download my self into a type of computer program or robot to live forever I wouldn't. I have this book but I haven't read it yet, I hate to put the link out with out reading it first but here it is: www.raidersnewsupdate.com...

Do you care for a hypothetical? What if it already happened to you for whatever reason that would seem logical to you?

<< 1   >>

join