It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meat Glue = "FrankenMeat"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I remember sitting down to a street BBQ in Korea and ordering up the ribs. Delicious!

And then I asked my partner why it was so affordable as a street food. (Small rack of ribs for about 5 dollars) He said Meat Glue!

I was a little turned off by this but the damn things were so delicious that I went back again and again.

Today (Back in Canada) I came across an article on "Meat Glue" and it pricked my memory of the Korean BBQ. This stuff is so nasty that when I go back to Korea, I will only have 1 rack instead of 2. lol

Anyway, just thought I'd put this out there for comments. This is what we're eating folks...Glue!

And the scary thing is that we are paying premium prices for this stuff!

www.greenprophet.com...

Care for a slab of Frankenstein steak? Just glue meat scraps together and serve ‘em up, hot. Side of blood clots, optional. The white powder sold by the kilo, above, is the meat industry’s dirty little secret. It’s “meat glue.”

It makes pieces of beef, lamb, chicken or fish that would normally be thrown out stick together so closely that it looks like a solid piece of meat. See also our posts on Israel’s frozen fish scandal and how garlic from China is scary stuff. Restaurants and butchers can now sell their scraps as premium meat. Good way to use them up – and charge premium prices for them too. Best of all, you don’t have to tell the customer. Once the glued meat is cooked, even professional butchers can’t tell the difference.

“Meat glue” is transglutaminase, an enzyme in powder form, derived from beef and pork blood plasma. See the Wikipedia description of it here:

en.wikipedia.org...

Chefs most commonly use the Activa RM brand, which is transglutaminase mixed with maltodextrine and sodium caseinate, a milk protein. Using enzymes in food isn’t a new technique. Papaya seed is the main ingredient in meat tenderizers, for example. Rennet and yeasts produce enzymes that make cheese and alcohol, too. Natural enzymes. Meat glue is a darker product altogether.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d3f4afa110c6.jpg[/atsimg]

This is a picture of what the ribs in Korea look like. Can you spot the difference? I can't.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c18e9888e5f4.jpg[/atsimg]
edit on 8-4-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Here we go again how long will it takes before people realized Monsanto is really sh!##ing our food rather than being our messiahs

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
how come we dont get pork and lamb combi steaks and i want beef ribs connected to babyback ribs with crispy chicken tendons where the bones should be.

i suppose this is how most ham is made that isnt just a pigs leg with a bone hanging out, but ribs are quite cheap down the butchers, not sure they would need to cut costs with that part of the animal.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
This should be good with the Plastic rice and Leather Milk......A good old GM feast......

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Nice, i'm going to glue 23 strips of bacon together and eat it like a steak. Will report back with my results.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by goochball
Nice, i'm going to glue 23 strips of bacon together and eat it like a steak. Will report back with my results.

Actually, some of the 'Galbi' in Korea is meat and glue also. Looks and tastes like Flank Steak but just scraps glued together so it looks pretty. Cheap too.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
found this vid of this meat glue...this is what happens when you have 6.91 billion and with the population expected to reach between 7.5 and 10.5 billion in the year 2050,and 98% of them poor...this sort of thing is gonna be more and more common...what other choice do we have...think about it ?

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by snapperski

You have a point but the real fact is that they are dressing up bad quality to resemble good quality. This has nothing to do with feeding an over populated World. It's just greed.

Bad quality is still the same but you can charge more for it.

new topics

top topics

join