It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient birth-land of Zarathushtra

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I am doing some research on Zoroastrianism (click me !) and came across the book 'A manual of Khshnoom'.

In short, Khshnoom is an occult movement, outside Zoroastrianism, but founded by Zarathushtra (founder of Zoroastrianism). It contains knowledge not recorded in Zoroastrian scriptures.

While reading i came across a part that claims there is a lost land in the arctic region which is know as the birth-land of Zoro... The reason we have not found it yet, is because it is submerged under snow and ice, but every 81,000 years, this land emerges from the snow, and, in effect, the rest of the world submerges in water.

Here is the full quote:

Airyana Vaeja, the birth-place of Holy Zarathushtra is located in Thrishva (Yt. 13,3), the Satan-free one-third of the earthly globe otherwise called Khanirath Bami. It is situated in the Arctic region buried under mountain-deep snow since over 10,000 years and hence its existence and geography have been unknown to scholars. According to Nature's mysterious curriculum our known material world runs its course for 81,000 years (which constitute one zarvane-daregho-khadat, meaning self-created Long Time), at the end of which the temperature at the Arctic region rises one or two degrees above freezing point resulting in the snow turning into glaciers. Before this takes place, towards the termination of the above 81,000 years, our earthly globe which at present rotates with an incline, assumes vertical position so that the Deluge submerges the whole material world, while the Arctic region becomes un-blockaded and populated by selected holy people saved from the Deluge. Thus while the known material world is active i.e. populated for 81,000 years, the Arctic region with its Airyana Vaeja (lit. land of noble birth) is buried under- snow, and while the latter (Arctic region) is open and active for an average period of 27,000 years, the known material world remains unpopulated. In this way the two sections are active or idle alternately. Full details regarding Airyana Vaeja and Khanirath Bami (lit. golden shore) will be found under the 'head "History of Berosus" dealt with under Date of Zarathushtra in its own place.

from: (last part of introduction, 'a manual of khshnoom')

Ever heard of this before? Got any thoughts on this?

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Ah this is cool. I really like threads like this

I have never heard of this before. I will have to read more about it before I can' make an opinion on it

I will flag and star so others can see it. I'm sure someone has heard of it on here

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

Thank you! Here are some links to get you started

Traditional Zoroatrianism
Avesta

there are many scriptures and books on the subject, enjoy!

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Oooooooh! Great post! I'm always looking for tales of new (to me), even-more-obscure lost lands!

I have heard about Hyperborea, though it's been awhile. And supposedly, in Alaska and Siberia, there are huge, mud-covered, frozen tangles of prehistoric creatures (including some mammoths with buttercups in their stomachs)-- suggesting a sudden catastrophe.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Reignite
I am doing some research on Zoroastrianism (click me !) and came across the book 'A manual of Khshnoom'.

In short, Khshnoom is an occult movement, outside Zoroastrianism, but founded by Zarathushtra (founder of Zoroastrianism). It contains knowledge not recorded in Zoroastrian scriptures.

While reading i came across a part that claims there is a lost land in the arctic region which is know as the birth-land of Zoro... The reason we have not found it yet, is because it is submerged under snow and ice, but every 81,000 years, this land emerges from the snow, and, in effect, the rest of the world submerges in water.

How fascinating! This is a "new one" for me!

A little research shows that this idea didn't originate with Zarathustra, but with a follower who was born in the 1860's. He leaves the area to find work -- and his tale from then on begins to take on some of the elements of a mystical urban legend.
* he meets a caravan of people (2,000) who haven't been seen before or since (which is fairly unlikely given the area) led by 72 priests ("Magi") -- an interesting number because it's a "sacred" number in some of those cultures.
* somehow, he and they can communicate clearly in spite of the fact that they live in an area far from him (and in spite of the fact that he speaks one of the tribal languages of India.)
* they take him to a hidden monastary that has never been found (even on Google Earth) in spite of the fact that it has a population larger than most small towns and has caravans that seem to wander around the area.
* they teach him mystical knowledge for three years (a mystical number, by the way) and then vanish.

(reference: en.wikipedia.org... )
(reference Zarathustra/Zoroaster: en.wikipedia.org... )

Kshnoom, then, living in an age when Jules Verne's story of hidden civilizations at the poles, are popularized, announces that Zarathustra was actually born in a secret city at the poles. It's a sensational idea, and even in that very tradition-bound area, he does find followers.

If they'd had Google Earth and Internet at the time, the Zoroastrian priests would have quickly knocked his "revelation story" into the trash bin.

Airyana Vaeja, the birth-place of Holy Zarathushtra is located in Thrishva (Yt. 13,3), the Satan-free one-third of the earthly globe otherwise called Khanirath Bami. It is situated in the Arctic region buried under mountain-deep snow since over 10,000 years and hence its existence and geography have been unknown to scholars.

And sadly for him, the ice at the Arctic is not fixed to any land mass, but is over open ocean. It drifts around with the currents. And we do know the geography of the area.

According to Nature's mysterious curriculum our known material world runs its course for 81,000 years (which constitute one zarvane-daregho-khadat, meaning self-created Long Time), at the end of which the temperature at the Arctic region rises one or two degrees above freezing point resulting in the snow turning into glaciers.

Which, of course, isn't true. 81,000 years, however, is one of those "magic numbers" in that culture (as an example of "magic numbers", think of Christianity and its obsession with triads (Father, Son, Holy ghost - three nails in the cross, etc) and thirteen (Judas was the 13th disciple)). And if the temperature rises above freezing point, the whole shebang melts... doesn't turn into glaciers.

Before this takes place, towards the termination of the above 81,000 years, our earthly globe which at present rotates with an incline, assumes vertical position so that the Deluge submerges the whole material world, while the Arctic region becomes un-blockaded and populated by selected holy people saved from the Deluge.

I think he must have come into contact with some Christians. And, of course, there wasn't any worldwide deluge.

Fascinating introduction to a mystical religion!

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   
This is all pretty interesting. I haven't heard of this before. Good find.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

A little research shows that this idea didn't originate with Zarathustra, but with a follower who was born in the 1860's. He leaves the area to find work

That's about correct.

You're off on that point though.

First, it's not a religion, second it's very down to earth/logical and not mystical at all. For instance, Zartosht was born from a mother and father, no virgin birth(regardless of how much disinfo documentaries like Zeitgeist spread).

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/eee21f05f941.jpeg[/atsimg]
Under the artic mountains, I wonder if these are related. Interesting find

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
It seems like these folks lost a chapter in their book of yima... the bit about the great thaw and flood in "polar" eranvej.

There were many zoroasters…an original one born in the vara of yima and many who took his name and spread the story.

The vara of yima was a great rectangular cursus or ark ordered up by ahura mazda where the people of yima weathered out the great winter and flood of vourukasa that followed. It destroyed the first construction of yima, the three ringed thing that he built on the advice of ahura mazda when he was plagued by too many people, too many cows and too much fire..

Aristotle et al suggest that we might find a great rectangular cursus [as big as a riding ground] on the edge of a great freshwater sea dating to about 6000bc. Would that be cool or what?

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Reignite

Very interesting, I have never heard of the Vkshoon and will enjoy reading it. I have the Book with Fourteen Seals The Prophet Zarathrustra and Christ Revelagtion by Rudolph Steiner. I thoroughly enjoyed reading it.

I wondered how Zarathrustra who seemed to be in Persia and had strong links with India and Egypt came from the Antarctic. I am not questioning the Vkshoon in any way but it seems to go back to a previous very sophisticated era of which we have little or absolutely no knowledge of I am also ashamed to say when Byrd or someone asked what it reminded people of, initially all I could think of Brigadoon. I have woken up since that thought - thanks for a fascinating story to read. .

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lynda101
I wondered how Zarathrustra who seemed to be in Persia and had strong links with India and Egypt came from the Antarctic. I am not questioning the Vkshoon in any way...

You should, actually. This is "channeled" material... in other words, I start writing something down and tell you that it's being told to me by an ancient mystical high priest of the sun from the Mayans. At this point, you REALLY should switch on your "Imaginary Friends Alert!" and start looking to see if something like that really did exist.

... but it seems to go back to a previous very sophisticated era of which we have little or absolutely no knowledge of

Probably because it only existed in the writings of people who were channeling information OR who were creating information for political means. There's a lot of that (surprisingly) in the political histories of countries and it makes for some fun reading.

I am also ashamed to say when Byrd or someone asked what it reminded people of, initially all I could think of Brigadoon.

Actually, you're "spot on" with that observation... a caravan of people that nobody knows about showing up suddenly and taking the person away for awhile and then returning them with "secret knowledge" -- very much similar to Brigadoon and tales of the Sidhe and other spirits taking people away to teach them secret things. When people go to look up the facts of the case, they find no confirmation of the story (in other words, it's what is known as a "pious fiction.")

ATS is a good place to ask questions and learn. Heck, I'm learning new stuff all the time!

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Thanks Byrd, I will try that.

Lynda

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd

Originally posted by Reignite

How fascinating! This is a "new one" for me!

A little research shows that this idea didn't originate with Zarathustra, but with a follower who was born in the 1860's. He leaves the area to find work -- and his tale from then on begins to take on some of the elements of a mystical urban legend.
* he meets a caravan of people (2,000) who haven't been seen before or since (which is fairly unlikely given the area) led by 72 priests ("Magi") -- an interesting number because it's a "sacred" number in some of those cultures.
* somehow, he and they can communicate clearly in spite of the fact that they live in an area far from him (and in spite of the fact that he speaks one of the tribal languages of India.)
* they take him to a hidden monastary that has never been found (even on Google Earth) in spite of the fact that it has a population larger than most small towns and has caravans that seem to wander around the area.
* they teach him mystical knowledge for three years (a mystical number, by the way) and then vanish.

It is not uncommon to see numerology used in text and scriptures. While reading the m. of Khshnoom they even explain all about it and why they use. But that doesn't mean their history is based on imaginative numbers.

(reference: en.wikipedia.org... )
(reference Zarathustra/Zoroaster: en.wikipedia.org... )

Kshnoom, then, living in an age when Jules Verne's story of hidden civilizations at the poles, are popularized, announces that Zarathustra was actually born in a secret city at the poles. It's a sensational idea, and even in that very tradition-bound area, he does find followers.

If they'd had Google Earth and Internet at the time, the Zoroastrian priests would have quickly knocked his "revelation story" into the trash bin.

Airyana Vaeja, the birth-place of Holy Zarathushtra is located in Thrishva (Yt. 13,3), the Satan-free one-third of the earthly globe otherwise called Khanirath Bami. It is situated in the Arctic region buried under mountain-deep snow since over 10,000 years and hence its existence and geography have been unknown to scholars.

And sadly for him, the ice at the Arctic is not fixed to any land mass, but is over open ocean. It drifts around with the currents. And we do know the geography of the area.

That is the same thing as believing every book you find a myth. How do you know for sure there is no land mass there? Have you been there personally or did 'experts' tell you they know all about it?

According to Nature's mysterious curriculum our known material world runs its course for 81,000 years (which constitute one zarvane-daregho-khadat, meaning self-created Long Time), at the end of which the temperature at the Arctic region rises one or two degrees above freezing point resulting in the snow turning into glaciers.

Which, of course, isn't true. 81,000 years, however, is one of those "magic numbers" in that culture (as an example of "magic numbers", think of Christianity and its obsession with triads (Father, Son, Holy ghost - three nails in the cross, etc) and thirteen (Judas was the 13th disciple)). And if the temperature rises above freezing point, the whole shebang melts... doesn't turn into glaciers.

Again, you don't know this for sure. It's like saying birds don's exist and can never fly if you never have seen one.

Before this takes place, towards the termination of the above 81,000 years, our earthly globe which at present rotates with an incline, assumes vertical position so that the Deluge submerges the whole material world, while the Arctic region becomes un-blockaded and populated by selected holy people saved from the Deluge.

I think he must have come into contact with some Christians. And, of course, there wasn't any worldwide deluge.

The interesting part is that they are closely related to ancient Indian spirituality.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

Thanks for the post! But what exactly am i looking at?

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lynda101
reply to post by Reignite

Very interesting, I have never heard of the Vkshoon and will enjoy reading it. I have the Book with Fourteen Seals The Prophet Zarathrustra and Christ Revelagtion by Rudolph Steiner. I thoroughly enjoyed reading it.

I wondered how Zarathrustra who seemed to be in Persia and had strong links with India and Egypt came from the Antarctic. I am not questioning the Vkshoon in any way but it seems to go back to a previous very sophisticated era of which we have little or absolutely no knowledge of I am also ashamed to say when Byrd or someone asked what it reminded people of, initially all I could think of Brigadoon. I have woken up since that thought - thanks for a fascinating story to read. .

You are most welcome! The whole book is very interesting to read, though there are some more boring chapters ofcourse...

They explain later in the book how ancient Iran and ancient India use to be 1 kingdom at a certain moment, and lived together for a while. Thats where the ancient Indian spiritual knowledge was transferred to the people of Persia.

What i don't know is how they gained such a strange language (multiple).

top topics

join