It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nasa Probe nears Vesta

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   
science.nasa.gov...

If you chesked the link...you now aare aware of the imminent survey of two planetary like bodies in the astroid belt
Vesta and Ceres.
This Project Dawn probe will flyby and orbit both.
It should be settling into orbit around Vesta in July sometime.
Then after a full year itll be off to ceres for some more....
This is too good not to post....

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   
I cant wait for the pictures, even if they do airbrush out the starbases and ships.
It will be exciting to see the surface details of these far away worlds...
I imagine one day these will be way stations in a communications and transportation web of the solar system,
Youll be pullin off of the I 2045 direct lane to jupiter for a nights sleep and a shady rest at the ole Vesta Hacienda Spacetel.
If nobodys home already|

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by stirling

It's at the stage now where I don't even know if any of the stuff NASA release is real or fake...

After all they are the king of mind games...

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   
It's not widely talked about, but Vesta was actually considered a planet about 160 years ago. Just like Ceres (which is more widely known). So were a few other asteroids like Juno.

Whenever someone starts going crazy saying the ancient Babylonians knew of 10 planets I always wonder if a few of them weren't asteroids which would have been much easier to spot back then than Pluto or something as far out as "nibiru"

I look forward to pics of Ceres and Vesta though! Too bad Obama backed out of trying to send missions to land on asteroids...

top topics

join