It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Feeling of Living?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Has anyone here actually lived? (inb4 working, #ing, driving, shooting guns and getting pissed drunk is living)

I've recently found out that the mind is.. a great thing. Pending on we can each individually get over primal instincts and the (who what where when how why's) and instead bring about our own realities.

I want to one day bake beneath a giant blue star in the universe and just watch it roll around and around in slow circles as I take in the heat, the energy of it and admire the beauty of something so simple yet so sophisticated. Feeling the rays of immense energy course through our every inch of skin while watching the perfect geometrical shape of the piece of land we're laying on blow in the wind.

While I try to tame and love the primal instincts, I also seem to observe the general mass consciousness that nothing that isn't physical is possible and the mind is just there and not to be acted upon. My question is, am I crazy or does the consciousness just reign upon superstition in this age?

I can just see it now when our ancestors look back upon us like we did with Ancient Egypt, Copernicus, and thinking everything is just black and white, one way or the other. No room for creating, just the state of mind at looking at the trees in such a bland way (either they're green and pointed or not. There's not one word to describe a whole tree, it has to be two separate words, or three separate.

Apologies if I'm labeled anything due to my views. I've merely depleted my chi due to not communicating with my primal side properly and am pondering to get it back. To any that can relate though (the cause of my own depression, trying to find people to relate these very views to) why does the mass consciousness see working and driving around in cars fun, or rather make it their passion. I can almost feel my subconscious bursting at the seams so my creative way of opening it up a little more while I slowly tap into it to bring about someway to show everyone they can live however they want.

Am I fantasizing or do I only ask that knowing there's an awareness beyond imagination once re-birth rolls around and to try and bring willing people to that conclusion to revel within it? But is wanting people to live their passion, their own unique piece of 'god hood' selfish?

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by OneLife

Honestly? My immediate gut level instinctual reaction to your post was, "no wonder you want to live, you are all up in your head."

Instead of wanting to bask in the blue light of whatever the heck, go outside in the sun. Totally engage in a moment outdoors, dig in the dirt a little and maybe plant a seed or something "creative" like that. Build a little wall of stones around the seed you planted, perhaps, or just stack some up as an art form.

Dont make living something that you might do someday. Or not. Just go do it.

Being outdoors is great for both filling you up with chi, and for depression.

news.bbc.co.uk...

Exposure to dirt may be a way to lift mood as well as boost the immune system, UK scientists say.

And Im a "thinky" person too, dont get me wrong. And I often get annoyed when people try to make it sound as if being a thinker or intellectual means you are less spiritual or less "heart" centered and compassionate and all that. I dont feel that at all. The way of understanding or thinking is a valid path.

But. You do need to actually get into the moment and engage in nature for the sake of your own well being, and to enhance your feeling of connection. Its spring. Go play outside.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
You are not alone. I consider what you call "your personal godhood" WILL.
Do what you want as long as it doesn't hurt anybody. Everyone has their ups and downs,
but if you find your will, I believe it can push you through any negative force that life puts in
front of you. Keeping in mind that negative to one person can be positive to another and
likewise, do what works for you.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   
For me (and I could be wrong) the feeling of living is all about engagement

Ever run for your life up a sand cliff ? No, seriously, if you haven't, you should try, OP. Your lungs, even young, fresh lungs of a child, are working overtime. It tastes like blood in the back of your throat. Every limb, every muscle strains and then strains some more. It near kills you, and in the process you are in the Now -- right there -- living

Maybe you've been chased at night, through woods or fields ? If so, you'll know that the moon and stars, the grass and streams, trees and night sky are content to play the role of detached observers -- just as they are when someone is murdered in the woods and fields. They don't get involved or reach out. Instead, they mutely observe, which is no use at all to the person running for their life, heart pounding, knees buckling. But in that moment, the individual is alive with a capital ' A ' --- even if they're dead a moment later

Or maybe you've lost your child within a large gathering or place ? It's to be doubted one organ, muscle or brain-cell isn't fully engaged at that moment. Then, you're alive as the sophisticated animal you are -- truly alive

It's all about engagement, whether you're trying to break up a blood-thirsty fight, or fighting for your life when a tsunami rips apart your life

Composing a symphony is being alive, as is painting a thought or scene, as is writing a story, as is operating on a dying child

We're all alive, all engaged at some level

Sportsmen and women for example. Did you know they quite commonly have psychic experiences during the heat of a game or competition ? I used to have a book entitled 'Psychic Experiences In Sport'. Loaned it to someone - never received it back. But it told of footballers, for example, Aussie Rules in fact, who -- at the moment they leapt onto a team-mates back to catch the ball --- were transported to another time and place where they were someone else, engaged in something entirely different. How long can a man remain suspended in air as he reaches for a football --- one, two, three seconds ? Probably less. Yet that footballer was transported in that moment to an entirely different reality to the one he believed he knew. Or, take professional climbers. Dozens of them have come forward with their psychic experiences as they hid in a crevice during a fierce avalanche or similar.

It's right across the board, whether we're housewives bringing in the washing, to engineers trying to control a runaway train --- we're alive. And we're alive in multiple dimensions, simultaneously and spontaneously

top topics

join