It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Block Wall in an Oklahoma Mine, at least 286 million years old. Who Built It?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+53 more 
posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Ok ATS so this is a find I have been processing for some time and still to this day there seems to be no clear answer. So I was wondering is there anyone who has heard about this or has any NEW data abut this find to add. It seems this is more proof that civilizations existed much further back then first taught to us. So who do you think made this wall native EA beings or non native EA beings. I find it ODD that they were described as being polished so fine they could reflect as mirrors on all sides. What could they have been used for? At the age of these things what type of technology could of done this???? Your inputs are appreciated..

Thanks

W. W. McCormick of Abilene, Texas, reported his grandfather's account of a stone block wall that was found deep within a coal mine: "In the year 1928, I, Atlas Almon Mathis, was working in coal mine No. 5., located two miles north of Heavener, Oklahoma. This was a shaft mine, and they told us it was two miles deep. The mine was so deep that they let us down into it on an elevator.... They pumped air down to us, it was so deep." One evening, Mathis was blasting coal loose by explosives in "room 24" of this mine. "The next morning," said Mathis, "there were several concrete blocks laying in the room. These blocks were 12-inch cubes and were so smooth and polished on the outside that all six sides could serve as mirrors. Yet they were full of gravel, because I chipped one of them open with my pick, and it was plain concrete inside." Mathis added: "As I started to timber the room up, it caved in; and I barely escaped. When I came back after the cave-in, a solid wall of these polished blocks was left exposed. About 100 to 150 yards farther down our air core, another miner struck this same wall, or one very similar." The coal in the mine was Carboniferous, which would mean the wall was at least 286 million years old. According to Mathis, the mining company officers immediately pulled the men out of the mine and forbade them to speak about what they had seen. Mathis said the Wilburton miners also told of finding "a solid block of silver in the shape of a barrel... with the prints of the staves on it," in an area of coal dating between 280 and 320 million years ago. What advance civilization built this wall?... Why was the truth, as is so many of these cases protected and hidden?... What is the real truth about time travlers, modern humans, and modern technology in our past?

Is humanity older then told and if so why only 200,000 years or so?

Mods I searched and didnt find. Feel free to move where it belongs...

link
www.hecklerspray.com...
edit on 4/7/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.

edit on 4/7/2011 by tothetenthpower because: mod note, ex tags

edit on 8-4-2011 by SkepticOverlord because: removed asterisks from title

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

This sounds interesting. A link would be tasty.

Edit to add...

Thanks for the link.
edit on 7-4-2011 by Digital_Reality because: Made me giggle...

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Is there a link?
I would like to see some pic's of this or something...

Thanx VV.6

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Digital_Reality

I got you its in there.
Thanks

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by VenomVile.6

This was a 1928 find I would assume one of the early archives in some unknown storage facility...

No pics, sorry.
Thanks

edit on 4/7/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Wow that is an amazing story and one I have not heard before.

I'm off to see if I can find any more on this - S&F

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by doobydoll

I am happy to share something new with you. Enjoy the search and feel free to add if you locate more data. It would be nice to see them, I mean polished gravel stone that reflects seemes interesting especially when considering the time of its dating. even if dating is off a few million years SOMEBODY was here busy at something...

Thanks

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
All those millions of years...THAT blows my mind.
Could it be possible that extraterrestrials lived here before we came along?
2 miles down, also blows my mind. No one human would have been able to build something that far down.
Then again are we mistaken on how much land pushes up and goes down during plate movement?
I wonder where are those wall pieces now after the miners were told to leave......wow.

link   
Very interesting post. Thanks for bringing it to the table as i have never heard of anything like this before

If it really is 280 million years old then [SNIP]! That would blow estimates of how long intelligent humans have been around right out of the water. Last i heard, there was evidence we were 700,000 years old, but that is one hell of a jump.
The only explanation i have is it could be some kind of 'hollow earth' type construction, if you believe in such a theory (i do) as i have heard there civilisation are very skilled in masonry and other work with rocks. This would explain why they were polished to such a shine.
Do you have any idea if there is any more up to date information on this polished wall?

Mod Note: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.
edit on 7/4/11 by argentus because: Censor Circumvention

link   
I would very much like to hear more about this..Shame youtube hasn't got onto it ;p

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Supposedly a guy in these forums tracked down the grandson of Mr. Mathis.

Here is a post from the site that as a bit more detailed.

Since I am unable to figure out how to attach a photo, I will give you a typed version of Atlas Almon Mathis' statement about the Heavener coal mine.

(Written by W.A. McCormick as stated by Atlas A. Mathis. W.A. McCormick[signature] 3-22-68)

In the year 1928 I, Atlas Almon Mathis, was working in coal mine No. 5 located two miles north of Heavener Oklahoma. This was a shaft mine and they told us it was two miles deep. [I have since learned that this mine had two levels: One level at 1800 feet and the really deep one at 2 miles] The mine was so deep that they let us down into it on an elevator. The elevator was released at the top and fell so fast that I was weightless and my dinner bucket would turn upside down and the bail would hold it to my arm, however, the gallon of water in the bottom of it would not spill spill out. This elevator would fall at least several seconds [he told me "several minutes" and I thought that would be enough time to travel several miles, not 2 miles, so I reasoned with him and got the change to "at least several seconds"] at that rate, and then they gradually slowed the elevator till it stopped at the bottom. They pumped air down to us, it was so deep. [He told me many times about the huge steam engine that pumped the air. He told me that mules were also let down at the same speed, and that they panicked hysterically every time.]

Tom Davidson was in charge of the mine. Lee Elders, Mont Claiborn, Bill Gusky, Oat Dawes, John Raiborn, and a young fellow by the name of Mattox were working there also.

One night I shot 4 shots in room 24 of this mine and the next morning there were several concrete blocks laying in the [Page end] signature - Atlas. A. Mathis

2 3-22-68

room. These blocks were about 12" cubes and were so smooth and polished on the outside that they would serve as a mirror on all 6 sides yet they were full of gravel because I chipped one of them open with my pick and it was plain concrete inside. As I started to timber the room up, it caved in and I barely escaped. When I came back after the cave-in, a solid wall of these polished blocks was left exposed. [On another occasion Atlas told me that he looked through the hole he had blasted in the wall, and there was open space beyond. He did not have time to explore it.] About 100 to 150 yards further down our air core another miner struck this same wall or one very similar. Immediately they pulled us out of this wing of the mine and forbade us to tell anything we had seen.

This mine was closed in the fall of 1928 and the crew went to Kentucky and I think they were in No. 11 there. In the summer and fall of 1929 they won a prize for being such good miners and their pictures came out in the paper. I don't remember what town it was near or the name of the paper.

Also before I started working on this crew they had a similar experience in mine 24 at Wilberton, Oklahoma in about the
[Page end] signature - Atlas A. Mathis

3 3-22-68

year 1926. They said they dug up two odd things: One was a solid block of silver in the shape of a barrel and the other was a bone that was about the size of an elephant. I don't know if they meant only in diameter or if in diameter and in length, but they did say it had nuckles on each end. This silver block had the prints of the staves one it and the saw that first struck it cut off a chip on the edge at one end. The miners saw the silver dust the saw was pulling out and went about to dig out the block. What was done with these things I do not know. In the case of the blocks in my room in No. 5, I don't think any were kept.

W.A. McCormick A.A. Mathis
Box 195 F-HC Rt. 1
Henderson, Tenn Water Valley, Miss. 38965

signature - Atlas. A. Mathis

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   

As far as I can tell, claims like these do hold some merit. They're called OOParts (Out Of Place ARTifacts). Ironically, there are hundreds of discoveries like this and can be referenced at www.s8int.com. The problem with many of these findings is that there isn't much photographic evidence. Another surprising factiod is that many of them could possibly be dated to the Carboniferous period (the time frame associated with the age of coal). It is odd that even when these discoveries are made, the debunkers come out of the woodwork to say it is entirely impossible, even though we are still guessing what our archaic history is/was.
I've come across that story before and is a signed affadavit, for what it's worth. Family members had no reason to believe he was making anything up. Especially since they could not disprove it happened.
I have my own theories about these artifacts and wrote myself a book about it. It synchronizes with many things. It sounds crazy, but is well worth investigating.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Yet another example of out worthless carbon dating is.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
This might be a silly question but, if this wall was found in an area rich with coal (possibly dating 286M years itself) does that necessarily make the wall 286M yr old? ...*feeling sheepish, readying for a "schooling", please be gentle*

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Having lived in Oklahoma for the past 30 some-odd years , I can recall hearing this story somewhere before but I have no idea where I heard or read it . If I can recall , I will post what I remember of it . To be truthfull , I had completely forgotten about it until I spotted your thread .

And I believe intelligent humans/beings have inhabitated this planet far longer than conventional science would have us believe .

Thanks for posting , this will give me something to ponder once again .

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   

theres an old saying in texas.."never let the truth get in the way of a good story"..ive heard a number of stories about fascinating finds in coal mines ..they always seem to be hushed up ..and never have any actual facts to go on..now either the government are very good at been every where at once to hide these things from the public ...or ...its a very good story to make money in a time when it was very hard to come by...my moneys on the latter

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   

WOWOWOWOW!!

This could directly correlate to some other findings in that general area!

Heavener, Oklahoma

JKrog08 thread about underground tunnel system This thread is more about modern day tunnels being constructed, but it does discuss the ancient cave systems and existing tunnels as well.

More from JKrog and the "Blowing Cave" This cave is very near Heavener, Oklahoma, and it is supposedly vast and almost endless. There have been encounters with strange beings inside the cave. Just North of the cave and the Arkansas/Missouri line was the first recorded UFO encounter in the US, well before Roswell.

ATSers that visited the cave

I think the OP of this thread has tied into a very interesting, and well-researched mystery!

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by triplereiki

It is amazing how old they were described to be.. ET could have lived here as well as humans, some believe its related to time travel humans ect... I am sure SOMEBODY knows were they are but you know how that goes...

Thanks for the input in the thread

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by oldsoulnewmind
This might be a silly question but, if this wall was found in an area rich with coal (possibly dating 286M years itself) does that necessarily make the wall 286M yr old? ...*feeling sheepish, readying for a "schooling", please be gentle*

It's not a silly question. Once you understand the hows and whys of coal, it come into perspective. Coal is formed by organic matter that is compressed and heated. It takes millions of years for pure coal to form, and most of the coal is miles underground. It ties in to the timeframe that they call the Carboniferous Forest Event where the supercontinents experienced a global inundation from ice melts or massive tidal waves. The forests were buried in silt and sand where it began its process. If manmade material is found in virgin coal, it signifies that the structure was already built before the formation and destruction started. So in instilling logic into that particular find, it would mean that that wall was there 286 million years ago. It's difficult to concieve that humanity was here that far back, as there is very little that would survive hundreds of millions of years of natural erosion, tectonic plate subductions, volcanos, continental submersion, etc. Even plastic or glass made today would dissolve in a couple thousand years.
There have been claims that tools and bone fragments were also found in indigenous virgin coal. Dealing with history this mysterious, assumptions run wild.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
This is the kind of stuff that keeps me up at night.......in a good way. I'm so fascinated with stories like this. I wonder what would happen if we all took one week a year and went "exploring," Like one huge scavenger hunt. No restricted access, no barriers, etc. I'd love to be able to, sometime, in my lifetime make a discovery like this.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join