It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Killing a thread... Ohhhh that gets me.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
How come evertime I come up with something good somone it gets the axed.

I suspect foul play. A consperacy if you will.

What say you mod.

Can I prove a theory?

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I'm not exactly sure what you're referring too. Could you elaborate.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Rocky Black

Stop posting drunk and you might get somewhere with your threads and posts.

This thread is a good example of what I'm talking about.

link   

If you want your threads to "grow and prosper" you should make it about Katie Perry or Charlie Sheen.

These are regular people with regular issues and regular tastes.

Just remember .. " the lowest common denominator" !!

link   
Umm.. You realize you're complaining about having your information debunked on a conspiracy site? Of all places? If you don't like it, try to make your information more compelling; it's our job to debunk or agree with you, afterall. The latter is more preferable if the case calls for it.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   

I'm pretty sure it was because there was an existing thread, in the same forum, on the same topic.

Existing Thread

That is the main reason, but I will add my personal note on it as a member.........

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Your thread was teetering on the line of trolling with the Muslim comments and childish giddiness. The other thread was written better, and had more substance. Your thread would have quickly spiraled into a hate bash and been trashed anyway, while the other thread has a chance of civil discourse and debate.

Sadly, most of these threads spiral out of control anyway, and civil debate seems to be a dying art, but your OP was designed to get there on the express lane.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rocky Black
How come evertime I come up with something good somone it gets the axed.

Well, for one reason, you posted this thread into the Breaking Political News forum, from whence it eventually wound up here... the best place to ask questions like this.

It's important that a proper forum is chosen for the topic.

Another venue is Complaints, but that is only viewable for staff.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Hey Rocky Black,

Look don't take it so personal, I know what your feeling, it has happened to me in the past...
I start a thread and either it goes cold very fast... or I don't even get a single reply...
very disheartening to say the least...

but I also took some notes from my failures,
so that my future endeavors would have a better chance...

I'm still growing as a thread author... I am far from being capable of good posts...
Unless aliens land in my front yard, I prolly won't be successful without many many more failures...

but thats how it goes...
So don't feel down or upset...
just learn and grow!!
I wish you luck in your future postings!!!

-Evol Eric

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Its life, deal with it

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
it has to do with the fact that your a racist

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by THEDUDE86

I black you donkey

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by MKultraVideos

I put up a nice little thread about Obama and trump and how trump was going after him and I could not wait for the results. yada yada yada.

Something on the lines of that.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   
why your pic is so big

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Oh....so this is a good thread and we're supposed to pay attention to it and.......what?.......comment on it or something......agree with you 100%.......no, wait a minute.........I don't trust your sources.......why don't you just show some proof.......and......uh......we'll get back to you. Thanks!

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Definitely some FISHY stuff going on sometimes...

I am usually drawn to newly posted threads to which I open them, read it, and keep the window open to continue on to another open window of a different thread that I am reading. I always come back around and read the previously opened threads/windows but what I find quite often is that refreshing many of these new posts, I find that they were DELETED... MANY times this occurs...

And for no sensible reason do many of them deserve deletion in my honest opinion. A few cases they were complete utter GARBAGE posts, but MUCH more often than not, they are very interesting and knowledgeable postings of topics to which do not receive much attention and go by unnoticed by many even on these CT boards...

This happens a lot and peeks my interest as to WHY were such posts deleted in the first place. Hmmmm...

Yea, hmmmmm
edit on 15-5-2011 by pplrnuts because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2022 @ 05:53 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Apr, 15 2023 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Doesn’t happen to me.

top topics

join