It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

6.5 Earthquake shakes wide area of southern Mexico!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Once again another earthquake doing what It does best, destruction! I know Mexico has many earthquakes but is it just me or is Mexico becoming more active with stronger quakes?

MEXICO CITY – A magnitude-6.5 earthquake shook a wide area of southern and central Mexico on Thursday, sending people fleeing into the streets, but there were no initial reports of damage.

A 6.5 is pretty strong. Which means that if Mexico is starting to have larger quakes then what is next for our world? Could the alignment of earth and the planets have something to do with everything that is going on?

The epicenter was located near the town of Las Choapas, about 370 miles (600 kilometers) southeast of Mexico City, where it swayed buildings for several seconds. In the Gulf coast state of Veracruz, people ran from their homes and school children assembled on playgrounds.

Link to article HERE

edit on 7-4-2011 by kid_cudi because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-4-2011 by kid_cudi because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Wow. Thanks for posting. (because this will likely be buried in the new Japan Quake)

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Yeah, already a thread up about this quake ...

However, just reading and there's been apparently two quakes in Japan, I know they have a lot recently but both were at 7.4 magnitude! Both were a minute apart, same place!

One at the depth of: 25.6km
Second at the depth of: 40km

So this just shows that both sides of the World are moving drastically at around about the same time!!!

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by kid_cudi

It would be nice if someone could perhaps compare statistical data in relation to the average amount of global distasters per year and create some sort of graph which could illustrate the supposed increase in chaos?

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Man maybe we out here in cali will feel one sooooooooon.........

And with that one that just hit japan

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Thanks!!

Just saw where this one just got upgraded to a 6.7

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Something isn't right! Something is going on and we need to figure out what it is!

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by RenegadeScholar

Here's the data for 2000/2011 and the 90's.

earthquake.usgs.gov...

earthquake.usgs.gov...
edit on 7-4-2011 by UrgentInsurgent because: (no reason given)

link   
6.5 is actually that major, it can cause some damage sure .. the richter scale operates on a curve which is really a bad system, it makes the numbers confusing

Things don't scale up in a straight line, so the difference for example between 1 and 4 is not the same as the difference between 4 and 8 .. 6.5 is just over moderate in strength and is a pretty common number as far as earthquakes go.. the jump to 7 is strong, 8 is major .. 9 is RUN!.. if you can stand up

Being where Mexico is, it's also not that uncommon for earthquakes to happen.. but we're super sensitive to EQ news these days ..
edit on 7-4-2011 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

link   
If I lived on coastal California..... yeah... I'd be outta there.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
So now we have a 6.5 in Mexico and a 7.4 in Japan , I wonder if they are connected in some way . I mean it kind of is a rather odd coincidence to have two pretty big quakes , at almost the same time ..

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thill
So now we have a 6.5 in Mexico and a 7.4 in Japan , I wonder if they are connected in some way . I mean it kind of is a rather odd coincidence to have two pretty big quakes , at almost the same time ..

You have one moderate quake and one strong to major quake..

Moderate quakes are happening all the time.. the only connection is our paranoia in my honest opinion, but with that said..

There's no denying that large quake CAN trigger other quakes.. I just think we're super sensitive to earthquake news.. I heard Japan will probably be experiencing after shocks for months and that it could very well trigger quakes in California up to a year after the fact...

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by miniatus

Just to be clear I am not saying (at least not yet
) there are some sinister behind the scenes triggers to those earthquakes , just wondering aloud about the timing

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thill

Just to be clear I am not saying (at least not yet
) there are some sinister behind the scenes triggers to those earthquakes , just wondering aloud about the timing

Understood... though I know the HAARP comments will come any moment now ..

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by kid_cudi
Something isn't right! Something is going on and we need to figure out what it is!

6.5 i hope nobody got hurt or killed it can be pretty bad ,,,

this is the calm before the stome everybody feels that something huge is about to happen to the planet yet we dont know what that is .....

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Thill

I would call HAARP out on this one but this time I'm not really sure if HAARP could cause two quakes at almost the same time!

Also, mexico does have a lot quakes but this one was 6.7 and Japans was 7.... And on the same day at almost same time and that's what I call weird. 1 moderate quake and one big quake? Yeah... Theres something goin on. And why is HAARP website and monitoring system still shutdown?

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   

You say that large quakes can trigger other quakes! But how does a quake in japan cause a quake in Mexico? I just don't see that happening.

But maybe I'm wrong and maybe it could happen! But from japan to Mexico, I doubt it.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   

top topics

join