It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WHO warns of post-antibiotic era

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
reply to post by Douriff

Haha ever hear of a natural cure for a cyst? I have had one for years that just won't go away, no matter how many times I drain it. Annoying as hell....
heh, as a matter of fact I did. I have no proof that it helps with cysts, but it's worth a try. It is about Sweedish Bitter - mind you about FDA warning

www.naturalproductsinsider.com...
Here in Europe Sweedish Bitter is available in pharmacies and is traditionally used for various purposes. It is suggested to apply peace of cotton or gauze soaked in tonic and put the compress on the skin over the area of the cyst. Cover with a piece of plastic, put something warm and wooly over it, and leave overnight. Repeat the procedure several nights in a raw and see what happens.

It is recommended to apply some fatty cream on the skin before you put the compress, othervise the alchohol in the tonic dries the skin.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Douriff

Corns and warts are different things with different causes. Warts are HPV, as you said, while corns are caused by a particularly irritated patch of skin trying to defend itself.

Another easier and cheaper cure for warts is to cut a small bit of a banana peel just large enough to cover the wart - no larger. Just so that it covers the top of it. Place it on the wart and cover that with a slightly larger piece of duct tape. Change it daily (or twice daily, if you like) and you'll see it literally disappear.

If you have an ear infection, use lavender essential oil all around the ear. Just smear it around there. The infection won't be around for long.

I have loads of these natural remedies. Anyone who needs a tip can u2u me. I don't necessarily check each thread I've subscribed to.

One more thing: Before anyone complains that I'm dispensing old wives' tales, I only pass on what I've used myself. I know exactly what I'm saying when I recommend something. It is literally "tried and true".

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
If you're demanding from your dr or taking anti biotics for a cold or flu then youre a big big part of the problem. So many people dont realise that the common cold, and the flu that makes its rounds yearly are viruses and not bacteria, and anti biotics only deal with bacteria. There are anti virals but I dont believe theyre any good for the likes of the flu or cold.

Its scary to think that the simple things we take for granted i.e. covering that cut or graze with an anti-biotic ointment will no longer be effective and that cut or graze could ultimately kill you. I know thats the over the top headline, but it could once again become our reality.

I think the last time I had anti-biotics was for a really bad chest infection or for tonsilitis (aged 30
). At the moment Im chocked up with the cold and if I was to darken the door of my Dr looking for anti biotics he would kick me from said door without a second thought.
edit on 11-4-2011 by Ficargul because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by CosmicEgg

"Pulling oil," is exactly that - you use OIL, not wine for this. Your "wine" rendition is pretty amusing but, please, folks, do not take that advice - olive oil is most commonly used. The rest of the dental care scenario is correct, however.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Colbomoose

I myself, have been a victim of this. I had an infection that they gave me every antibiotic known to man, lots of experimental ones too. It was totally resistant to all of them.

The doctor from the CDC that flew in from Atlanta, Georgia to Columbus, Ohio looked at me and told me that if I didn't believe in God, I should. He said there was nothing that they could do for me and that someone, something, somewhere wanted me here.

It has been this way for a while people. My experience was 2007.

All my doctors(had like 9 different teams) called me Miracle. They all admitted that they were lost and stumped but thankful that I made it!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join