It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How many people here are Agnostic or Atheist?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Q.What does the agnostic, dyslexic, insomniac do at night?
A. Lies awake wondering if there really is a dog.

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Put me in the atheist category, although I'm open minded concerning the paranormal.

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Amadeus here:

I think in my case it might be easier to list what I DON't BELIEVE...but I'll give it a shot anyway....

I am a "Pantheist Spiritualist" in the sense that I believe "God is Everything Imaginable " and "Everything Imaginable is God" and that this Pantheon is comprised of positive and negative energy poles :

In the Pantheis system, ALL is allowed (no good, no evil) , bearing in mind only One Law: Every Action has Karmic Implications (see 3 below)

2. I believe that the Universe/MultiVerse is not actually separate from his/her Creation but part of it), and this has NOTHNG WHATSOEVER to do the with YHWH the clan god of Israel in the "bible", but is much less tangible: and that this MultiVerse just EXISTS.

3. I believe in KARMA (the Immutable Law of action/reaction) and "Elective" Reincarnation of Souls throughout eternity with an eventual RETURN to the ALL for every piece of soul energy that sparks off from the center (still connected to the ALL, only remotely): therefore THERE IS NO DEATH, only TRANSFORMATION OF LIFE ENERGY FROM ONE OUTWARD FORM TO ANOTHER, and that communication with non physical entities is possible and should be encouraged with an open mind.

4. I believe that the so-called "Universe" (which I belive holds MultiVerses) is totally InterConnected and therefore all LIFE in all the Multiverses is similarly Interconnected:

Therefore: there is no US and THEM (or Holy and Unholy) or any meaningful kind of separation therefore between anything (all part of The One Creation)

5. I believe that Life is Energy and Energy "cannot be Created or Destroyed": it just transforms itself throughout Timeless Being: and that the MultiVerses are teeming with every possible life form (ETs).

6. That since we are all part of the same "body" when you seek to harm another person or thing, since we are all closely inter connected "on the spirit level" , you are ultimately seeking to harm yourself.

7. I believe that although great spiritual leaders have come and left the planet over the millenia, their message was interpreted via the constraints of the language used to express their ideas and the constraints of the society in which they lived:

I further believe that none of the great thinkers in the past were perfect or "divine": they all had a piece of the puzzle to share, some had a larger some a smaller Understanding of Reality, but were ultimately as sinful and prejudiced as other men/women including "Jeeezzuz" of the "Christians"...

You can imagine now what I DON'T believe in !!

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I believe in a god but my concept of what "god" "is" changes all the time. I usually just call myself an agnostic so people don't bug me about it.

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 07:53 PM
link   
I am an agnostic, or as my girlfriend puts it, a "seeker".

That is, I do believe there is a higher power out there - there is just too much that is not explainable otherwise - but I will not venture as far as to name it. Besides, I think that through religious experience, every religion or form of spirituality has access to an aspect of that higher power, as different people interpret it differently.

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Atheist. Raised Lutheran, but didn't really believe even then. Got out of Lutheran private school and checked out several other religions and realized I really just didn't buy it at all.

BUT...

I love to watch Joel Osteen at the Lakewood Church. And used to watch his father, John Osteen at times. I like Joel because they never ask for money or encourage you to buy a piece of the one true cross or anything like that. And because if you remove all references to god or jesus, it's still a good talk with good advice on how to handle things in life. Oddly enough, I don't believe, but I miss the ritual of church. I think I could go to his church, though. They've got a good band, seem to have a good time, and the advice given through his sermons is sound with or without the inclusion of religion.

Actually, the Bible is full of good advice even if you don't believe. It's a pretty good book, though I don't believe in it as The Good Book.

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I am a bit off the beaten path. God Is, but does not exist. What the hell am I talking about? Break all matter/energy into its most basic phenomenom and it all becomes the same thing, thus God is everything: Absolute Reality, existence without form (so as to not hold residence in existence). God is not conscious of its own existence because duality is an illusion and all is the 'God Thing' so it has nothing in relationship to itself by which to define itself as a seperate entity.

The God Thing is not to be worshiped, only understood in the seach for Absolute Truth/Reality. I suppose that the belief is a mixture of Buddhism/Nihilism/micro-physics.

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 10:41 AM
link   
i don't what the hell i am, but it's not atheist. I believe in god, but not organized religions, i sorta made up my own personal religion which isn't organized but influenced by hinduism and buddhism, with touches of anything that makes sense to me. I speak to the god that is within me and in everything around me...but my god has no name and is pretty incomprehensable as gods should be...

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Atheist that Goes to a Catholic School. Its quite fun.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join