It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conflict History - A time line of every significant battle ever fought

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Thought I would share this pretty awesome site with you Conflict History that claims to map every significant battle ever fought in history.
I'm finding it pretty fascinating to look through.

It's still in the beta phase so there might be some bugs and missing data i presume, but I have yet to find any

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

That is way cool!

Thanks for the head's up.

That site is now bookmarked and I'll be sure to spend some time looking at it.

Bit of a history buff, especially military history, and this is a great resource.

Thanks again!

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Fantastic, had a little play and found the battle of Tettenhall from the 9th c in my town and a place I've spent a lot of time around, I hadn't heard of it before, thanks very much for this resource.
edit on 6-4-2011 by Thepreye because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Thanks for posting this.

I was curious about the earliest War they recognized and found it to be the Kurukshetra War 2975 BC - 2964 BC Which was basically a family feud that got people killed.

Figures.

The Kurukshetra War (Devangari: कुरुक्षेत्र युद्ध) is believed to be one of the most important wars in the history of India. It was caused by a conflict between two groups of cousins of an Indo-Aryan tribe called Kuru, the Kauravas and Pandavas, which formed an essential component of an ancient work called Jaya and hence the epic Mahābhārata.

According to Mahābhārata, a dynastic struggle between sibling clans of Kauravas and the Pandavas for the throne of Hastinapura resulted in a battle in which a number of ancient kingdoms participated as allies of the rival clans. The location of the battle was Kurukshetra in the modern state of Haryana in India.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Do you think the whole globe might be red by years end ? Kinda looking that way huh

new topics

top topics

join