It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bristol Palin’s Nonprofit Paid Her Seven Times What It Spent On Actual Teen Pregnancy Prevention

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Sorry if this is in the wrong forum...didn't know where else to post.

In 2009, Sarah Palin’s daughter Bristol joined a teen pregnancy prevention nonprofit called the Candie’s Foundation. Today, the Associated Press reported that the Candie’s Foundation released its 2009 tax information, revealing that Bristol was paid a salary of $262,500. But a closer examination of the tax form by ThinkProgress shows that the group disbursed only $35,000 in grants to actual teen pregnancy health and counseling clinics: $25,000 to the Mt. Sinai Adolescent Health Center and $10,000 to the National Campaign to Prevent Teen Pregnancy. View a screenshot of Bristol’s exorbitant salary below:

ThinkProgress

To be quite honest, I'm at a loss for words. This isn't even really a political issue, it's a moral issue. About to be a graduate in child/adolescent psychology and knowing the issues teen mothers face, this is downright infuriating.

I am really hoping that this will put any attempt by Sarah Palin to run for anything in 2012 into the grave. With the things she claims to stand for I don't see how many of her followers will be sticking around to support her anymore.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   
This is how the wealth is passed on to the next generation.....This kind of usurious behavior is the rule rather than the exception for the uber rich or the people they wish to bribe.
How else do you think they get the young to become illuminatti?
This is how they keep their money and dont pay taxes either,(Cept ict.)
Disgusting pigs at the tough of life, sucking up all the best for themselves.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Not a bad salary for someone who has done nothing in life but have unprotected sex and procreate.

They are all worthless.. politicans and these readymade celebrities.

Disgusting. And the general public just eats it up.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Good for her!!! All the news covering it was worth way more then the comercials they could have recived for that amount of money.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   
I'm not a fan of Sara Palin, but why should the actions of a family member effect her?

I hate it when people bring up family members dirty laundry to discredit someone. Bristol is an adult and her actions are her own. If she did something immoral then it should rest on her shoulders and hers alone.

I said the same thing when it was found out that Obamas aunt was living in the states illegally and people was dumping on him about it.

We cannot control what our family members do, espeacially if they are adults.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
It's all about cashing in, and exploiting the gullible. If she really cared about teen pregnancy she could have sent donations to Planned Parenthood. I never trust a politician (or their spawn) who establish a non-profit and make themselves the primary beneficiary instead of whatever cause they were paying lip service. That's exactly what Bristol here was doing, paying lip service to teen pregnancy while writing herself some nice fat checks.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   
And people wonder why some people dont donate to charities, why would they if their donated money goes to feed these disgusting people and people like them.
These people are the parasites of humanity.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Becoming
I hate it when people bring up family members dirty laundry to discredit someone. Bristol is an adult and her actions are her own. If she did something immoral then it should rest on her shoulders and hers alone.

Well the thing is, Sarah Palin has made her name with a conservative base of people who are opposed to teens getting any sort of counseling or help when it comes to sex, free condoms, etc., as well as "handouts" to "teen mothers" who are a "drain on the system".

Then her daughter comes along, gets preggers, baby daddy bounces out of the picture, and then basically lives off of handouts. Then, as the final act of chutzpah, she supposedly "earns" her salary by supposedly being employed by the kind of organization that her mom's base would rather see eliminated altogether.

The hypocrisy is so thick, I can barely see through it myself.

Using your example, if Obama had run on a platform of illegal immigration ruining this country, then his illegal aunt gets caught here, then the hypocrisy is the same.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Becoming

So are you saying that Sarah didn't push her into this in the least to take some of the heat off of her and make her look better? I highly doubt that.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by edgecrusher2199
reply to post by Becoming

So are you saying that Sarah didn't push her into this in the least to take some of the heat off of her and make her look better? I highly doubt that.

Prove she did.

I'm not saying she did or did not push her into it. Right now you are assuming Sarah was involved in this and I don't think that is right. Right now all the proof we have points to Bristol doing something not illegal, only immoral and no proof that Sarah was involved.

Lets put the blame where we do know where it belongs.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   
This is appalling and speaks volumes about her sincerity and "good intentions". This is also exactly what's wrong with "foundations, charities, non profits, and NGOs" these days being subsidized by tax dollars. It's bad enough when a private corporation is supporting it (although, believe me, Candies is getting a hefty tax write off in the deal, plus free publicity) Sadly, this has existed for more than 50 years.

Regardless if what I, personally, think of the Palins, it's hard to single out Bristol Palin when there is rampant abuse throughout the entire system. Imo, this isn't "giving" at all. It is exploitation for personal financial gain.

Becoming, maybe there is proof of Sarah Palin's involvement/ influence and maybe there isn't, but there can't be any doubt that Bristol is very young, interested (only) in the things that kids her age are (naturally) interested in, and lacks the capacity to even come up with something like this. Agree to it? Most people of any age would jump at the chance. Conceive of it on her own (no pun intended)? Highly unlikely.
If there's one thing Mama knows, it's how to get money.
edit on 6-4-2011 by DogsDogsDogs because: add response to another poster

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by aching_knuckles

Bristol is an adult.

I know my parents can't control what I do or how I do it.

As much as I dislike Sarah, I cannot put any blame on her for the actions of her adult daughter, unless of course it comes to light that she helped secure these deposits.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   
This is no surprise to me...I know (I wouldn't call this person a friend) a person whose parents sold their business for 750M....his only aspiration is to own a bar....money begets money despite intellect. The idea that each generation improves on the next next is lost on the super rich. This girl is worthless and should be ignored.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   
She was 17 when knocked up by someone over the age of 18...

That makes her mother somewhat responsible.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by jstanthrno1

Sarah is responsible for Bristol getting pregnant?

How do you think that?

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   
If your child is under 18 years of age... you are responsible for them... unless i missed something.

Yes, Sarah Palin failed ... not only in raising her daughter but to protect her 'family image' if she truley wanted to be taken seriously as a vice or presidential candidate.

No, its not the worse thing in the world but the majority of US voters come from a time and place when having a child oout of wedlock is frowned upon.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by jstanthrno1

You go ahead and think what you want.

Like I said, I don't like Sarah either, but I'm not going to engage in petty defacement. If you don't like her for her policies then I can agree with you, but dragging her through mud over what thousands of families go through isn't something I'm inclined to agree with.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Becoming
I'm not a fan of Sara Palin, but why should the actions of a family member effect her?

I said the same thing when it was found out that Obamas aunt was living in the states illegally and people was dumping on him about it.

We cannot control what our family members do, espeacially if they are adults.

Seriously? If you think for one blessed minute that the lives of ALL Palins arent managed to the minute by some fancy PR firm, than you truly are gullible.Seriously.

new topics

top topics

join