It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lust for power and money

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
This post is just an observation and when understood, it makes it easier to comprehend the mindset of the powerful elite.

There are a number of aspects of TPTB that make them who they are. I frequently see other members post statements like, "how could they do that with a clear conscience" or "I don't understand how they could do that".

First of all, it's important to understand that not everybody thinks like "us". Just like psychopathic killers have no guilt complex or empathy for human life, neither do the "power brokers" at the top of the food chain. Quite simply, it's not in their make up. In the same way we that we don't have the mindset of a skilled chess player or the concentration of Tiger Woods, those types don't have circuitry, if you will, to enable them to feel guilt or empathy. That's my first point.

My second point has to do with power and money. There was a survey a while back, I don't remember where I read about it but it's a common survey. The survey basically asks a wide range of people across a wide economic and social spectrum, how much more money they would need to be content.

Without fail, virtually every person said they would comfortable with about 10-20% more income. If they just had that little extra cushion, they'd be all set. In other words, regardless of income, it's never enough. The same concept applies to power. And when I say power, I'm not referring to a corporate manager who is doing it for the benefit of the company or as a true leader of his subordinates, but rather the "power hungry" control freak. For those types, it's never enough power. They always want just a little more control, a little more power, regardless of how much they have now.

Given those two traits, in combination, makes for a very dangerous person. I believe that those traits are common among the worlds "leaders" and TPTB. I believe those operating in the shadows; the ones who are really pulling the strings, have those traits along with being egotistical and narcissistic. They have no concept of "the greater good". They don't care about the greater good. Only to the degree that it will benefit them somehow. George Soros is perfect example. He made about a billion U.S. dollars at the expense of the Bank of England in 1992. Some say that he accurately speculated. But the point is, all he cared about was the money, at any cost. Even if it meant putting a severe strain on an entire country. It's important to remember, in any society, the government has no money of their own. Everything they have is generated/created by the citizens, therefore, by extension, George Soros made his $1 billion at the expense of the British citizens, without regard for them.

I believe he has the kind of mentality that would gladly push the button that causes a tsunami in Japan if it would benefit him financially. I also believe the world power structure is filled with those types of people.

The Japanese people have more work ethic, pride and ingenuity than most any other nation on earth. They came back those horrific bombings of WWII and essentially stole the auto market from right under our noses. Furthermore, they did it above board with quality products, fair and square. They beat us at our own game and never fired a shot. I believe that probably pisses a lot of people off in our government. I wouldn't put it past our government to cause an event such as that on March 11th, just to cripple the Japanese auto market.

My point is, take the most evil person you've met and multiply that by 10,000. Those are the types of people we have calling the shots. We are simply a means to their ends. We supply the cash that allows them to play their global game of chess.

This may sound overly cynical, but I believe it to be true. When is the last time you heard of a politician stepping down because of rampant corruption and payola in Washington? Never. Now, there can only be one of 3 reasons for that; 1) They aren't aware of anything shady going on (not likely) 2) They're in on it (most likely) or 3) They're aware of it but just don't care (also quite likely). Oh, and there's alway option 4) There isn't any corruption or payola taking place. It comes down to the fact that all they care about is their own power and money. In many cases it's just power. In some cases it's also about lining their pockets. These are the types that are running our country and our very world.

Finally, as a side note, it is vitally important that we put aside the whole notion that there are two different parties in Washington. After GW's miserable failure and then Obama's continuation of the same policies, I have come to realize that they are all on the same team. Like it or not, the president of the U.S. is just a figurehead. His marching orders come from further up the ladder. Much further. When I saw John McCain posing for a picture wearing a U.S. Navy hat, I was disgusted. It was his way of continuing to ride the Vietnam POW wave. I am certain John McCain doesn't wear a Nave ball cap when working around the house or going to the grocery store. If he does, it's a publicity stunt so he can continue to suck off the teat of Vietnam.

And when liberals promise this and promise that to minorities, don't think for a minute that they really care about minorities. What they care about is their vote. In reality, they are enabling the continuance of government dependency ensuring future votes. This is probably the sickest, most depraved act one human being could do to another, but they do it every day, all in the name of buying votes.

When considering the topics discussed here and elsewhere on the Internet, it's important to open our minds and remember, there are some sick, twisted, power-hungry psychopaths running the world. Quite simply, they don't think like us. Not in the least. We are nothing more than a giant Stratego board game to them.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   

It's important to remember, in any society, the government has no money of their own. Everything they have is generated/created by the citizens, therefore, by extension, George Soros made his $1 billion at the expense of the British citizens, without regard for them.

Exactly!!! And it is my hope and belief that the same people (considering the whole world population) will retaliate one day and turn the tide...

S+F

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by General.Lee

When considering the topics discussed here and elsewhere on the Internet, it's important to open our minds and remember, there are some sick, twisted, power-hungry psychopaths running the world. Quite simply, they don't think like us. Not in the least. We are nothing more than a giant Stratego board game to them.

The real question is: Do you want people on the other side of the spectrum running things?

Can you picture Auntie Margaret making decisions that affect millions of lives? Can you expect the Nurse that wrapped your broken leg to write roadmap for the entire globe?

There is a reason these people are in power, and it's justified. What isn't justified is abhorrent abuse of their position. It's all about checks and balances.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

You are absolutely right, there are people for everything. However, we can clearly notice in almost every case with power there is abuse of it, at least to a certain degree (i'm talking about larger levels of power). So, logically, in order to neutralize this tendency we have to eliminate big power structures worldwide and instead, empower ALL the people. And i am not talking about DEMOCRACY because it is just another form of false empowerment. I am talking about giving the right to people to vote on every major decision that would affect their community, country and the planet itself.

True peace...

top topics

join