It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Educated guesses on our future

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
By now I believe we can all agree about the existence of a cover up on the nuclear disaster our planet is facing.

All indications are this is going to be a game changer worldwide. The situation has gone from bad, to worse, to unthinkable. I cannot help but think we are looking at rising levels of illness and death worldwide as a result of this catastrophe.

So what do you think, am I just scared, right on, or way out there? What do you think our future looks Like?

P.S.-interesting that the "Nuclear Age" started with a bang in Japan, and could possibly end the same way. Think about It!

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
I think we can survive.

Stock up on foods, organic tobacco, seeds.

[snip]
edit on Sun Apr 3 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: UPDATE: The Discussion Of "Illegal Activity" On The Above Network Sites

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
I have to say I agree, though I have no clue as to what will actually happen. The world has never seen a nuclear disaster such as this, and I believe it will take years for us to truly understand the repercussions. Our children and their children will be paying for this one.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
I read a lot of threads about stocking up and getting seeds at so forth. But the question is where are you supposed to grow food and keep it free of the poison many say will be with us for Years?

When I was a kid I saw the movie "The day after" and it freaked me out. That movie has been on my mind a lot lately. This is a different scenario, but I keep thinking the fallout, so to speak, will be the same. If you have seen this movie,no doubt you remember and know what I am talking about.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by avatar22

am i paranoid ?

i think i am a level headed reasonably well educated , i used to watch sky news then i stumbled on rt and they reported the same story in a totally different way, since then i think i have fallen down the rabbit hole so to speak. am i following the white rabbit from paranoia or searching for the truth.

the more i read about the more research i do the more confused i get about what is really going on in the world.

so my question is is it all in my head and do i need to see a doctor, cause i dont tend to believe any thing i hear on the tv anymore and second guess almost everything that i read!

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
I started my self to stock up a bit of water and I've been looking for a geiger counter to when it's gonna be the time to truly hide against deadlly radiation exposure. With that being said I'm a believer we'll see the repercussions only in a couple of years but it will get messy when it will.

thruthseek3r

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Order out of chaos...
order........chaos

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
To be honest I am afraid of this escalating crisis too.
The point that many people seem to be missing here is that while, yes, you can stock up on bottled water and canned goods in anticpation of widespread contamination, this is unrealistic in the extreme. If this moves onto the next level with countries thousands of miles away getting dangerous levels of toxins in the atmosphere, subsequently in the rainfall and into the water supply - then the water you need to bathe, brush your teeth with and even the very ground on which your home sits would become contaminated. How then, would your bottled water and canned goods help you? It would be the equivalent of giving fresh water and clean food to someone residing within the current exclusion zone in Japan itself. In the short term, clean water and fresh food may help, but in terms of massive exposure to continued radioactivity in the immediate area I doubt it will be the answer.

As I understand it the minute levels of radiation found in the US, UK and everywhere else are relatively harmless at the moment. I can accept that to a degree. I don`t think that just because I saw it on TV, it has to be a big conspiracy (Obv not been on ATS long enough
) or I should believe the opposite. But as I also understand it, these elements do not decay for a long time, meaning that as the pollution continues to reach around the world, it adds to the microscopic amounts already deposited there. So from that I deduce that levels of these radioactive toxins are slowly rising around the globe and it follows that they will continue to rise as long as Fukishima continues to spew forth such material.
So if this continues unabated, levels will not only reach, they will exceed safe levels for humans. I`m unwilling to put a timeframe on at what point levels will become unsafe in other countries, but I find it hard to believe that neighbouring countries are not mindful of this four weeks into this catastrophe.

I know that this is unprecedented, I know that there is no way to halt a nuclear meltdown, I suspect that things are much worse at the plant than we have been told and I realise they are probably as stumped as half of ATS are when trying to come up with a practical solution.

But someone needs to remind them that the clock is now ticking and this cannot continue unresolved indefinitely.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by robertashby

No, I don't think you're being paranoid. With so much going on in the world today, and the fact that the majority of the world will tell you they don't think we're getting the whole story here, I think we are all right to question what we are being told. This, of course, leads us to wonder what else they have been lying about. You are right to question. But, don't worry yet. Wait and see what happens here before you let the panic begin.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by AnnonymousLurker

Exactly. We can prepare for the worst, but the fact is, there is no true preparation for nuclear fall out. Yes, we can avoid the water, but we must breath. I'm not running yet. In fact, I'm not running at all. Turns out, with all of the possible outcomes of all the different "predictions" of the years to come, I live in the perfect spot. Looks like my area will come through generally unscathed
So I'm hunkering down, here with my family, and hoping for the best.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by avatar22

trouble is i am worried , almost everyone i know dont really care about what is happening around them and seem to be in complete denial of how bad the situation is and what is to come , if i start saying to my loved ones that i am genuinly worried they will think i may need some sort of mental help.in reality we cant prepare for the future , life will go on but in what way . there isnt many caves to go and crall into and hide, not that we should.
stocking up on food for most people is out of the question as allot of people i know can just about feed them selves any way. it seems that we are all on a rolercoaster but most of the riders have blindfolds on.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   

I say be aware, and prepared, so that you're not blindsided, but do not obsess. Live your life, enjoy what you have, be happy today. Worrying over the future will not fix/change anything. All it does is stress you out.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by zoso28

I find it so incredibly ironic you call this an "educated" guess.

Just like the BP spill was going to cause a methane super-explosion and wipe out half the United States.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   

I wouldn't call it denial. But you cannot panic about something you have absolutely no control over. Like you said, most people can't financially stock enough food for months on end. Add to that the fact that there isn't enough water to stock for months on end. You have to live your life and if there isn't anything you can do about what is happening you can't let it prevent you from doing so. There's a difference between being concerned (which is what you should be) and allowing this issue to run you life. I have to work, i have kids and an assorted zoo to support, I can't call in sick on rainey days because of radiation, I can't tell my boss I'm leaving for an extended amount of time because i want to get out of the path of the fall out...that's just not how it works. You live in the present, not in the future. You can be as prepared as you want to be and how you think this will turn out might not actually happen so all you'll end up with is an ulcer, depleted bank account and too much food that you'll maybe never eat.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnnonymousLurker
To be honest I am afraid of this escalating crisis too.
The point that many people seem to be missing here is that while, yes, you can stock up on bottled water and canned goods in anticpation of widespread contamination, this is unrealistic in the extreme. If this moves onto the next level with countries thousands of miles away getting dangerous levels of toxins in the atmosphere, subsequently in the rainfall and into the water supply - then the water you need to bathe, brush your teeth with and even the very ground on which your home sits would become contaminated. How then, would your bottled water and canned goods help you? It would be the equivalent of giving fresh water and clean food to someone residing within the current exclusion zone in Japan itself. In the short term, clean water and fresh food may help, but in terms of massive exposure to continued radioactivity in the immediate area I doubt it will be the answer.

As I understand it the minute levels of radiation found in the US, UK and everywhere else are relatively harmless at the moment. I can accept that to a degree. I don`t think that just because I saw it on TV, it has to be a big conspiracy (Obv not been on ATS long enough
) or I should believe the opposite. But as I also understand it, these elements do not decay for a long time, meaning that as the pollution continues to reach around the world, it adds to the microscopic amounts already deposited there. So from that I deduce that levels of these radioactive toxins are slowly rising around the globe and it follows that they will continue to rise as long as Fukishima continues to spew forth such material.
So if this continues unabated, levels will not only reach, they will exceed safe levels for humans. I`m unwilling to put a timeframe on at what point levels will become unsafe in other countries, but I find it hard to believe that neighbouring countries are not mindful of this four weeks into this catastrophe.

I know that this is unprecedented, I know that there is no way to halt a nuclear meltdown, I suspect that things are much worse at the plant than we have been told and I realise they are probably as stumped as half of ATS are when trying to come up with a practical solution.

But someone needs to remind them that the clock is now ticking and this cannot continue unresolved indefinitely.

a level 7 disaster... projected to be far worse than chernobyl ... and the government continues to play down and dumb down the Japanese people and world about the seriousness of this situation.

If this projection is even partially accurate, it gives new meaning to the word FUKushima
www.irsn.fr...

whats really sad is how many in Japan are probably unaware of and under-estimating the
danger... so is the above vid just an over-exaggeration, or does this vid give a more realistic view people should be taking?

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Thanks for quoting my whole post this time

As radiation continues to be emitted (apparently in "safe" doses though lol) we are now seeing that neighbouring countries, especially China, ARE beginning to get a bit antsy and demand answers from the Japanese. Maybe this is part of why so little information is now forthcoming and the problem seems to be "solved".
We are now even seeing threads on ATS suggesting that Radiations are fake?!?!

That`s believeable......

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 06:29 AM
link   
It is not my intention to flame here, OP, but let's consider what constitutes an educated guess and how we apply that in the right context. We're talking, predominantly, about the potential of Japan's situation, are we not?

I've read with detached interest (very detached interest) on these pages about Japan and what's next, but I choose not to reply because I won't subject myself to level of idiocy, stupdity that some imbeciles on this site would convince you is reality. Had I formed an opinion, an educated one at that, on matters that are not closely associated with a conspiratorial theme, by default I would qualify as a 'troll' and I'm not prepared to have some ill-educated, paranoid wanker tell me otherwise. Frankly, it's bollocks, and so are most of the people who push that agenda.

Let me make it perfectly clear that I submit, personally, that a huge level of concern regarding the Japan matters is more than warranted, but the prevailing sense is somewhat lost in translation between what people actually know, and what they think they know. For those reasons, I take my own paths of discussion with people a damned sight better educated and qualified to offer an opinion than this site.

edit on 13-4-2011 by BAZ752 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join