It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Javascript Adsense / Doubleclick Hack?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 06:36 AM
link   
I use Scroogle instead of google because of google's Total Information Awareness-type tracking of web activity. nevertheless, it doesn't seem to matter much if Java script is enabled. That's why if you look at a commercial site, later you'll see ads for what you were looking for pop up on unrelated sites. They track your location, etc.
Scroogle says that disabling java is the only way to stop this, however, if you do, many pages won't function properly.
If some talented programmer could write a program to cause java to send google's Doubleclick and AdSense programs gibberish, and the program was used widely, it would be a major blow to 1984-type tracking of web activity. It probably wouldn't require much effort, in fact. Maybe this is something Anonymous should look into.
edit on 3-4-2011 by grizzle2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by grizzle2

Scroogle says that disabling java is the only way to stop this, however, if you do, many pages won't function properly.
It's called NoScript. You can disable scripts on a page depending on their source. Also check out AdBlock Plus and Ghostery.

edit on 3-4-2011 by WhizPhiz because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by WhizPhiz

Thank you very much!

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   

I still thionk an active program to foil google's Orwellian tracking by burying them in gibberish data would be a fine idea.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Isn't there something called anti phorm which does this???

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by grizzle2

I still thionk an active program to foil google's Orwellian tracking by burying them in gibberish data would be a fine idea.
Automated Untelligence Application

Not exactly what you asked for, but it does "bury them in gibberish data". Scroll down the page for version 2.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 06:59 AM
link   
You could use a modified HOSTS file to block access to most nastiness on the internet. It speeds up your browsing as well. I highly recommend to everyone I talk to about internet security that they install this, or a similar version, along with a good anti virus and anti spyware program.

Modified HOSTS File

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   

I appreciate it. Too bad all the lingo is gibberish unless one is versed in it. Which I'm not.
Does google stop the program/ Is it worth running?

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 07:06 AM
link   

You may also find this recent thread of mine interesting: An Image Tracker Experiment Revised.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Does google stop the program/ Is it worth running?
No, it is not worth running. It would need thousands of people using it to actually achieve was it was made to do. Google will stop it some times, it depends on your settings and your dictionary file.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Maybe a program to search for a huge variety of products, and a huge variety of political and religious views. And something to spoof location and other info.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   

I guess the real point of what I'm talking about is to spoof personal info. That would be good enough.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   

I guess the real point of what I'm talking about is to spoof personal info
Yeah, if you really want to avoid being tracked you obviously need to spoof your IP and other personal information. There are several different ways to do things like that, but none of them are really flawless.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   
i got a nasty little virus last weekend and had to disable my Javascript. We finally got rid of the virus but it took over an hour to do so. Not sure where I got it from, but everything seems to be working well now.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by maybee

i got a nasty little virus last weekend and had to disable my Javascript.
I honestly can't remember the last time I got a virus...oh that's right, it was just before I found out about NoScript...

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhizPhiz
reply to post by maybee

i got a nasty little virus last weekend and had to disable my Javascript.
I honestly can't remember the last time I got a virus...oh that's right, it was just before I found out about NoScript...

It had been a long time since I had one too. But whatever is was, I couldn't search on Yahoo or open my email. All kinds of boxes were popping up about viruses and infected files. Glad all seems to be OK now, though.

top topics

join