It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What religion is god? is he Jewish, Christian, Hindu, Buddhist, Muslim? or is god just a giant brain

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by itscocobaby
What religion is god?

I normally do not like to answer questions with questions but in this case I have to.

Would you contain jars in a jar?

I agree with most. Religion is an attempt to show people the keyhole on a door where they may catch a glimpse of the indescribable.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
giant brain?!

that's jethro bodine!

jethro is god!

better than a double knot spy!

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by 547000

I think spiritual warfare maybe some rogue elements within the brain of god "good versus evil", perpetuated by lower thinking egotistical brain cells who are given energy by all the people who read books like the Bible and other holy books that reinforce the belief in demons and angels. In other words those living who read and believe that the book of Revelation is true and is happening are helping to create that scenario. Ask any born again Christian and I'm sure they will tell you "I want this to happen I waiting for Jesus to rapture us so the sooner the better" I just had someone tell me that a few days ago. How about we all believe that Jesus is already here and we are already have Earth a Paradise if could all just stop the insanity of religion. Thank you for your reply coco

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by polarwarrior

I think people often misinterpret their holy books and don't realize that different religions speak of the same God and that if we pooled our knowledge together rather than fight over who's is right then perhaps we could all get to know God better.

Thank you polarwarrior indeed we do as a race of humans need to unite under the banner of "Humanity as One" so we could all get to know god better.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Holly N.R.A.

Bravo Holly N.R.A.!

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by PinkAndBlack

I wonder if when we die..are we male or female?. Or are we both? or are we nothing? I love the Discordian view

It has been likened to Zen, based on similarities with absurdist interpretations of the Rinzai school. Discordianism is centered on the idea that chaos is all that there is, and that disorder and order are both illusions that are imposed on chaos. These are referred to, respectively, as the "Eristic" and "Aneristic" illusions. Discordianism recognizes the positive aspects of chaos, discord, and dissent as valid and desirable qualities, in contrast with most religions, which idealize harmony and order.

link: en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by zroth

Would you contain jars in a jar?
I agree with most. Religion is an attempt to show people the keyhole on a door where they may catch a glimpse of the indescribable.

What is it I need to contain if anything?

Perhaps you are confusing Religion with being spiritual? Who just by being religious or reading a book has had a truly indescribable experience?
Can a book do that? or is it a moment of clarity where one drops the book and slips into the space between "thought" and has a true awakening? just a thought..thanks for the reply coco

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by warza

I'm glad to hear that it takes the "sting" outta loosing a loved one for you..but think about it really..does energy end? it seems everything in our universe is recycled and goes on to re-create something else. Thanks for the reply Cheers coco

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by fooks

I see your a writer perhaps this will inspire you to write an interesting sci-fi novel, you could even make
jethro bodine god! or maybe a spy novel

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Btw that was a metaphor as to say reaching out to the many walks of life. I don't know how anyone missed that?

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
God is love

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by itscocobaby

An interesting thread that I believe expands on the many other realms of beliefs S&F thanks for posting it
I haven't completely digested it all yet but plan to read into it a bit deeper if I have time this afternoon or tonight but the one thing that I am beginning to see more and more is that there seems to be at least ONE common thread when you look at ALL of the religions/beliefs around the world as they have been presented. Just like supposedly we all were "created", "designed", or "made" (insert whatever happens to float your boat) and originated from either the "cradle of civilization" or whatnot speaking the SAME language, we were then supposedly scattered around the Earth with each group/tribe/civilization adopting it's own unique language (from what I have read apparently that was the work of the devil in an effort to begin dividing/confusing us right from the get go).

But as you begin to trace each civilization back to it's roots and research each civilizations religious beliefs in either a metaphorical/literal approach, it seems that once you eliminate and weed through what most might consider to be the riff raff (or man kinds interpretation and/or conjecture that had been introduced and applied to the text's as in the Old Testament and New Testament when compared to say the King James Version) you begin to see many common threads as you come closer to "source". They are presented in everything from Mythology to Scripture to oral traditions passed down from generation to generation.

At least that is my own opinion on it all and perhaps why both my wife and I subscribe to the Gnostic beliefs in our quest for Gnosis (Knowledge, or Hidden Knowledge). We both very much believe in a God who has a Son by the name if Jesus Christ and that is about it. NOT what others throughout the dawn of time SAID that we should believe or should not believe about Them. It is pretty amazing all of the common threads you begin to find once you take that approach. Anyways not to get off topic here....thanks for the post

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Newbomb Turk

You are very welcome and thanks for taking the time to read it. I always enjoy your posts as well SnF on your post too! Cheers Coco

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Vicarious10000

Thank you for your reply I understood what you were saying, and I agree with you it makes prefect sense.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
There can only be one spiritual truth to God, and it is the true reality of the universe. This is not a religion it is just reality.
I do believe the Jewish people as the ancient Israelite's were the closest to it, until they rejected Gods means of redeeming mankind from sin. That saving grace spawned the next closest thing to this truth. The first century christian congregations. However this has been largely sabotaged by Satan & his minions. Look for people that follow the way first century Christians did things.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Maybe as much as culture makes us humans, our belief makes us becoming what beyond our human life we finally are.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue_Jay33

There can only be one spiritual truth to God, and it is the true reality of the universe. This is not a religion it is just reality.

For me the true reality of the universe and god is what I see around me, that is "Creation and reproduction" this is a fact that this happens everywhere. Creation is what keeps everything going..either on this earth or the universe or inside our body..
Our minds are the mind of god..We all are the mind of god I am a cell within the mind of god..every moment every thought every breath we can create something..I wonder can we all create it together?

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by WestWood

The we must believe that's something wonderful..and battle our own minds to not give in to fear so we end up in someone Else's Hell..Thanks for the reply cheers coco

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by deanyo

If we are all collectively the mind and brain cells of god..then maybe we have a 50-50 shot at love

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Jesus Christ proved He was ordained by God and was the ultimate manifestation of the mind power and love of God. No other earthly human well he is Divine also showed the signs he did. The ressurrection sealed the story. We are the mind of God correct. But some of us are led astray by demonic evil which only wants to destroy our chances of being one day united with our creator. The temptations of life the rubbish in the media and garbage coming out Hollywood the net the evil wicked violent music all add up in stopping most of us from finding God. As Jesus said '' no one comes to the Father except through Me '' a quote from Jesus Christ
Upon searching for Christ and striving with your heart and soul to fight off our sins and corruption the Holy Spirit will be given to you as a gift to help you and more importantly as evidence of the truth which is of great comfort especially as we grow old and tire of life
edit on 3-4-2011 by shroudnews77 because: grammar spelling

edit on 3-4-2011 by shroudnews77 because: grammar

edit on 3-4-2011 by shroudnews77 because: spelling

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join