It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Real doom and gloom in Sudan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
While the doom and gloom crowd are focused on America or some 2012-fantasy, real doom and gloom has been happening for decades in Sudan. Real conspiracy. Real genocide. Real racism. Child slavery. Mass-rape. One of the most horrible events of the last 100 years is underreported both in mainstream as well as alternative media (or when was the last time you saw a thread on Sudan?) For anyone really interested in soothing mankinds pain, Sudan should be a place for humanity to look at and provide investigation and aid. I have been concerned about a number of agendas to downplay and ignore Sudans struggle. And it looks as if various international forces who dont like each other use the country as their "game field" to wage horribly savage wars.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/177b57464772.png[/atsimg]

The north of Sudan is primarily arabic and muslim whereas the sub-saharan south of Sudan is primarily Christian. Neither muslims nor christians are the original Religions of Sudan, nor do the south and north actually belong together into one state. Once again arbitrary lines drawn by former colonial powers in their ignorance of natural borders, are the cause of much of the conflict and suffering. Here's a general timeline of horrors in Sudan:

1958: Two years after Sudans independence, Ibrahim Abboud seizes control of the civilian Government and imposes a military dictatorship under arabic rule. People in the south continue to rebel and in...

1962 civil war breaks out between the south and north lasting until 1972 and killing an estimated half a million to a million people.

1964 Abboud is overthrown and a more purely Islamist Dictatorship. Further coups and attempted coups are carried out by various marxist and anti-marxist groups.

1972 A peace-agreement is signed and the south becomes self-governing.

1978 Oil is discovered...in the south

1983 the "Sudan Liberation Movement" from the south starts the second civil war after President Nimeiri tries to take control of the oil fields and declares "Sharia Law" (Islamic Law) for the whole of Sudan. The war killed 2 Million people, including the deaths in famine and disease.

1989, the conflict still ongoing, Omar al-Bashir of the Muslim Brotherhood (who also founded Hamas in Gaza) seizes power and bans all political parties, unions, etc, re-implementing an Islamic Dictatorship.

1991 - Human Rights Organizations estimate that in the 90s, 200 000 children have been abducted for slavery by Al-Bashirs military. Child-soldiers have been deployed by all sides of the conflict.

1991 Sudan supported Saddam Hussein in the war against the U.S. in the early 90s.

1998 The U.S. fires a missile on a pharmaceutical plant that was, according to the U.S., producing chemical weapons.

2003-2011 In Darfur, the non-arabic indigenous population rebels against Islamist rule. The military and the arab "Janjaweed militia" move in to perform "ethnic cleansing" and mass-slaughter of blacks, killing approximately 400 000 people (some say more). The idea of arab supremacy over blacks, including black-muslims actually stems from Libyas Gaddafi. The conflict is ongoing.

2009 - Israeli airstrikes in Sudan blow up delivery of weapons to Hamas (Palestine).

Why is the ongoing Genocide in Sudan underreported?

Is it that if black people are the victims of a Holocaust, people are just not that interested?

Is it because arab media claims there is no Genocide and that reports of such are an "American/Israeli conspiracy" and people fall for biased arab reporting? (Several humanitarian organizations have confirmed the harsh realities stated in this post).

Is it that if Muslims are the perpetrators of genocide, the "politically correct" media would rather not report on it as not to flame the passions of anti-muslim sentiment?

Or is it that because "Christians" and "Muslims" are using the country as their playing-board and would rather not publicize it?

You will hear a different version of whats happening in Sudan depending on whether the news source is politically liberal or conservative, Arab, american or European. Sadly that means that undistorted facts will be difficult to come by, except the facts reported by humanitarian organizations.

Also, do you notice how quickly we intervene in Libya? Why didnt we do so in the case of Sudan where real problems that concern humanity happen.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
It is not our problem.We have to take care of our problems here.That is reality skippy.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I honestly don't know but I would have to go with the Anti-Christ and TPTB like to keep them fighting. The Muslims are attacking and killing Blacks and Christians, Two things they love to see.

Sudan will be in the Gog-Magog invasion against Israel so I would be all for it if the U.S. felt the need to step up and bomb Northern Sudan to stop this Genocide and put the sick wacko Muslims in they're place.

Sudan should prove to the world what the Arabs-Palestinians will do to Israelis given half the chance.

Sadly this world will never be right until God-JESUS comes back and destroys the evil in it.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by brindle
It is not our problem.We have to take care of our problems here.That is reality skippy.

Yeah? Compared to these folks we dont have any problems. And Im not saying we have to fix their problems for them, Im saying that Sudan is underreported compared to thousands of lesser evils. In Israel, one rocket destroys a streetlamp and you have two sides of the fence raging and whining for days. In Sudan hundreds of kids are slaughtered and nobody talks about it.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sky watcher
sick wacko Muslims.

Lets not generalize and flame-bait normal muslims. These are not your average muslims, these are muslim-brotherhood folks, and yes, they give us a preview of things to come if their Hamas-friends are let lose on the Israelis.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   
It was actually expected that this thread would hardly have any replies. Its a little too much to actually inject some reality.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 03:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

I understand what you are saying.
But i think its yet another plan from our leaders to depopulate and then control. These african nations are abundant with natural resoures that the greedy multinational companies want to get their greedy little hands on, and the easiest way for them to get total access to the oil, diamonds, and natural minerals that are hiding under the ground are to depopulate, either through war from religion or wars for food.
I still find it interesting that in some of these african nations where people are starving, there is more fertile land dedicated to wildlife than there is for human

S&F
edit on 3-4-2011 by meathed because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-4-2011 by meathed because: Im a meathed

edit on 3-4-2011 by meathed because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by meathed

I still find it interesting that in some of these african nations where people are starving, there is more fertile land dedicated to wildlife than there is for human

Thats always been the questionmark. Africa is as rich as any land can be and yet its people are poorer than anywhere else.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

Thats always been the questionmark. Africa is as rich as any land can be and yet its people are poorer than anywhere else.

Like i stated.
It just seems like TPTB are trying to keep these people poor under an oppressive government until the country and its people are weak enough to be taken over.
Its like the longest sickest game of chess, but with humans as pawns.(CHECKMATE)

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Its like the longest sickest game of chess, but with humans as pawns.(CHECKMATE)

Thats my impression too. This thread not having moved anywhere after a few days of being up it is also my impression that nobody actually cares.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Air drop 100 million condoms to them for starters.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Thats my impression too. This thread not having moved anywhere after a few days of being up it is also my impression that nobody actually cares.

I care. Always have. The West lost out to China for Sudanese resources...they belong to China now. No reason what so ever to inject a little freedom there. I am being sarcastic.

I have supported the the cause in what ever form to protect the indigenous rightful inhabitants of Sudan for many years as have millions of other world citizens, but the rape, murder and ultimate genocide committed in the name of Islam continues. What to we do?

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Unless a disaster is knocking on their door ,literally knocking on their door, i think the majority of people wont care, and that is the sad, sad truth.
Some of us do care my friend, but is it enough??????
We will soon find out soon.
Only time will tell

Take care.
Meathed

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Witness2008

I care. Always have. The West lost out to China for Sudanese resources...they belong to China now. No reason what so ever to inject a little freedom there. I am being sarcastic.

I have supported the the cause in what ever form to protect the indigenous rightful inhabitants of Sudan for many years as have millions of other world citizens, but the rape, murder and ultimate genocide committed in the name of Islam continues. What to we do?

What do we do????? Well that is the million dollar question. I think we need to have this madness of extremist religious practices outlawed, whether its catholic's, christians, buddists, hindu's or muslim extremists it doesnt matter. All religious extremists must be stopped.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Witness2008

Yes, what to do. Im a non-interventionist but in this one exceptional case I think I would favor military intervention. I dont like watching my fellow humans being slaughtered senselessly.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sky watcher
sick wacko Muslims.

Lets not generalize and flame-bait normal muslims.

Did he say normal muslims? Besides, I thought your intention was to get to the core of the issue.

Dissapointing.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

So much for the world getting better and better, eh Skyfloating?

Sudan is an unfortunate problem that I think we should be dealing with instead of Libya. That place has faced more wars, dictators, and inhumanity then Libya, but for some reason the Arab League doesn't care about this region as much as Libya....why?

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c8507dee0185.png[/atsimg]

Here is a comparison of Literacy levels
and poverty, world wide.

Coincidence?

David Grouchy

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
African nations have always had a problem governing themselves and will continue too and you can blame that on whatever you like. We could go into Sudan and stop the fighting and rebuild the country then leave and within a few months they will be right back to where they are now.

Unless you are calling for a permanent presence there really is no hope as that's they way they choose to govern. Only the countries that have traditionally had heavy european influence have been successful in their governing ability.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by davidgrouchy

I agree with you David,

top topics

join