It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OP/ED: Bush Sisters - Dog and Pony Show

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Myself and a few other ATS members decided to go to the Jenna and Barbara Bush live chat interview today. What we found was not the daughters of the president campaigning for their father, it was more like the Paris Hilton show. We asked questions ranging from: "given your family values and the values your father brings to this country how do you view the second most important person on the Bush ticket (Cheney's) daughter being gay?" To: "If reelected do you think we will have another armed conflict while still in Iraq?"

None of our questions were answered.

www.lacrossetribune.com
"He is definitely an extremely busy man, but he still finds plenty of time to devote to us," Barbara and Jenna wrote jointly in the Internet chat program sponsored by the Bush-Cheney campaign.

"Two months after September 11, when our father and our country were dealing with a huge national tragedy, he still found time to throw us a party for our 20th birthday.

"We invited 20 of our friends down to Camp David for the weekend, and although our dad had a lot on his mind, he still spent plenty of time with us and our friends, making sure everyone felt welcome."

Asked to describe the president in one sentence, they praised him and said: "He always keeps us and our mom laughing."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

As you can see, the only questions they were interested in were light ice breaking questions you might find on the disney channel. Like the intricacies of what type of music they liked or what world leaders they have met. This did not represent a political conversation in any way shape or form. It felt like pillow talk at a high school sleep over.

[edit on 7-24-2004 by Valhall]

posted on Jul, 24 2004 @ 09:07 AM
link   
What else did you expect, John? They wern't elected. They have no say in our govenment and I'm sure they don't have the authority or the expertise to answer the hard questions anyway.

Had you asked Chelsea Clinton the same type of questions, I bet you would have gotten the same type of answers.

posted on Jul, 24 2004 @ 09:23 AM
link   
The bush sisters dog and pony show?

I think I have that on tape in a box under my bed.....LOL

Maybe its just me but it smells of desperation that he is dragging his kids into this

posted on Jul, 24 2004 @ 09:29 AM
link   
I remember one big argument of the Bush supporters and Kerry dissers was that Bush is tough enough to deal with emergencies and troubled situations.

And now you read that in such times Mr. Bush hosts birthday parties in Camp David and finds the time to feel everyone welcome.

So and where was his time not reading all the intelligence material that had been gathered? Oh no..."Hey Jonny, sum it up for me. I will party a bit and read your summary before goign to bed."

[/provocative]

Nah, seriously. Those answer are really contrary to what you should expect.

posted on Jul, 24 2004 @ 04:27 PM
link   
The link has passed away...

Any idea how many others were taking part in this chat?

posted on Jul, 24 2004 @ 04:45 PM
link   
What did you expect? They are spoiled little rich girls, whose daddy is the pres. They're all about themselves, and what daddy bought for them.

Can you say "Born with a silver spoon in mouth"

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 01:23 AM
link   
I never did get to ask what they liked doing shots of.

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Here's a new working link for this story.

cnn.netscape.cnn.com.../ff/story/0001%2F20040725%2F0544915788.htm&sc=1131&photoid=20040720IASW103

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 12:29 PM
link   
things like that are almost always rigged. i'm guessing they did it the way they do it with any celebrity... someone interviews the celebrity and writes down the questions and answers to the questions. they then start up the chat rooms. key thing is there there may be hundreds of rooms. they wait until people ask the same questions (or at least very similar) to what the celebrity was asked and then they copy/past the response. that's probably why your questions wern't answered... not to mention it was sponsored by bush/cheney, so why would they willingly allow questions like that to be answered?

new topics

top topics

join