It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TERRORISM: Connecticut, New Jersey to Simulate Chemical, Biological Attacks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Terrorism Threats must be dealt with, it is the new reality of the age we now live in. There are a million what ifs. Can we ever really know if we are ready to deal with a real chemical or biological attack? It now seems that at some state and local levels within the U.S.A. they are getting ready for the worst through mock drills...

ABCNEWS.com Full Article

A simulated chemical attack in southeastern Connecticut and biological attack on New Jersey will be part of what is expected to be the world's largest-ever terrorism drill next April.

A third simultaneous mock attack in the United Kingdom will require a coordinated worldwide effort involving top U.S. Cabinet officials and high-ranking British officials

State officials provided a rough outline of what will occur in the $16 million Top Officials training program, which Congress has mandated be held every two years. The drill is meant to be as realistic as possible, complete with volunteer victims wearing movie makeup blood and burns.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Can these acts help us all prepare for such an attack?

Or is it just another reason for some people to live in fear?

I hope we are not now turning into a nation that can only react to an event like this when we should be fighting this war on terrorism with all we have. But it may take an attack like this to wake some of us up to the real threat that exists.

We have to be ready for whatever these terrorists may be planning.

The U.S. Government has already approved the Bioshield defence bill, which seems to be the best thing we can do to be ready if an unthinkable attack like this ever happens.

Related ATS News/Discussion:

House Approves 'Bioshield' Defense Bill

posted on Jul, 24 2004 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I read that this joint UK/US terrorism Exercise was going to happen a while ago, but the article didn't go into details.
No mention in this report of the type of terrorist attack that will be simulated in the UK.

It's possible that as the US is simulating both a Chemical and a Biological attack; that the UK will simulate a Radiological Bomb attack so that all three major types of threat can be exercised. From this side of the pond it'll be interesting to find out which part of the UK will be selected for the exercise. Knowing the UK penchant for secrecy, we'll have to rely on US information for the location of the UK part of the exercise.

zero lift

posted on Jul, 24 2004 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I don't think it's a way to keep people living in fear. Different states/cities have held mock disaster drills for years. I think it's because of 9-11 that they have received such large amounts of attention.

Doing those kind of drills just ensures that emergency personnel will be able to "think" their way through any situation in a manner that ensures the most amount of people possible get the help that they need.

posted on Jul, 24 2004 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I live in that area of connecticut and had no clue that it was even going to happen. Sounds like CT is going to get a drill of a bombing and then while that is going on NJ will get hit with a Bio attack. Should be intesting to watch I will let everyone know if I see anything when it goes down in april.

new topics

top topics

join