It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fighter Jet Sound Over Brooklyn NYC JUST NOW

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
So I'm sitting at work in Brooklyn, NYC and the loudest jet passes over... the noise rumbles the building and i go outside with my co-worker who yelled "what the hell is that?!" - its overcast today so we couldn't see anyting but heard the rumbling for about 2 minutes - it sounded like it was swaying, if that makes sense -

The last time i heard a noise like that here was on 911 and the fighter jets roared overhead.

Anyone else hear this? Know of any reasoning?

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by tonypazzohome

was the sound pulsating? jet sounding or more like straight up energy being created/released?

I made a thread about a loud noise that has been going around Noise around the world thread

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Could be a fighter flying low or it could have been a small private jet.

They sound similar.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
just realized its opening day at Yankee stadium - they could have been heading to the Bronx to do a fly over

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Dude,

US army has like 8000 jets. Brooklyn is in NY, pretty popular state...
It's bound to happen.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by CanadianDream420
Dude,

US army has like 8000 jets. Brooklyn is in NY, pretty popular state...
It's bound to happen.

well, it doesn't happen often.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
They do take the planes out and fly them now and then. Too bad they didn't break the sound barrier for you as that is always fun when your surrounded by skyscrapers.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Yep that's what they were there for. Two F-16s (I believe) did a fly over at Yankee Stadium.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
n/m

edit on 31/3/11 by TrowaBarton because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Yes, I heard it, and I saw it. Some kind of fighter jet, over Brooklyn headed toward JFK then away. Felt the rumble in my pants and knew it was not an ordinary jet. Looked out and saw the shape.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
You are lucky the Al-Queda who stole them didn't take the cover off their face so they could see or your building was going down sir!!

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Probably taking more pictures of the Statue of Liberty (or a psyops to frighten you).

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
This is what the flyover was for. A lot of nerve if you ask me. I signed up for phone alerts and did not get an alert about this. I had to check online.This is one city that should not have these kinds of flyovers unless absolutely necessary. We NY'ers were traumatized by 9/11. I am sure lots of people were reminded of that awful day this afternoon. I almost had a panic attack!

9/9/2012 12:16:00 PM
Military Flyover - US Open Men's Final - 9/9/12 (QN)
Notification issued 9/9/12 at 12:00 PM. Weather permitting, the U.S. Air Force will conduct a flyover of the USTA Billie Jean King National Tennis Center in Flushing Meadows-Corona Park, Queens, today at 4:30 PM, in support of the US Open. The flyover will consist of four (4) F-15E Strike Eagles passing over the Tennis Center (via the Long Island Sound) at an altitude of approximately 1,000 feet. The aircraft will depart from/return to Newark Liberty International Airport.
-----------------------------------

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Becoming

Could be a fighter flying low or it could have been a small private jet.

They sound similar.

Ummmm. I have never heard any private jet that sounded like a fighter. I should know because I was a F-16 crew chief in the USAF. There is a huge difference! Like 20,000 lbs of thrust and afterburner difference.
edit on 9/9/2012 by NoSoup4U because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join