It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange flash & sound in sky during thunderstorm

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Ok, I know what you're thinking already. It's absolutely NOT thunder & lightening - which you're about to see. The lightening is unmistakable as is the thunder in this video. Warning - it's pointless to watch this video after the 2:30 mark or so - nothing more to see.

The incidents in question are at the :20 mark, the :57 mark, the 1:32, and 2:17

Listen after the blue flash and you will hear the sound - it was nearly as loud as the thunder from my perspective since the raindrops are killing a lot of video from the camera. When the rain slacked down, so did the flashes & noise.

Any ideas? Don't say T&L because it wasn't that.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   

to insert a vid copy everything after = on the youtube vid and click the "vid:youtube" (enter these letters in this box)

I watched the points which you mentioned above....and it confirmed to me this is power lines failing. The flashes are blue....they are out of shot....this is what you would expect to see if a power line came down,
edit on 31-3-2011 by loves a conspiricy because: (no reason given)

Nothing to do with UFO's, Poleshifts, Anunaki, Paladiens, Niburu....just a simple fact of power lines
edit on 31-3-2011 by loves a conspiricy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by sykickvision

This I'd assume is related to the pole shift that appears to be happening.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Usually when lines come down that is accompanied by fire & police going to secure the scene - we're just a few blocks from the FD & PD & Hospital so we're pretty much aware of anything going on in town. Lots of sirens.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by SixX1874

Your assumption would be wrong

Why would you assume that when theres a storm battering this town??? This happens all the time in storms....power lines break..power lines get blown into something and they arc out. The blue flash is the givaway because if you have ever seen a power line arc thats exactly what you would see.

Not to do with a pole shift

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by sykickvision

I know when I was in a storm back in feb there was blue flashes like that and it was very loud. It shook my apartment. It was scary but did not think much of it because we get a lot of really intense thunderstorms. The blue flashes are odd because it seems more a flash of blue light that lights up the whole sky.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
That's probably what it was - they arced & weren't torn down requiring city officials. It was odd that it stopped when the rain slacked....anyway - thought I'd share

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by sykickvision
That's probably what it was - they arced & weren't torn down requiring city officials. It was odd that it stopped when the rain slacked....anyway - thought I'd share

Maybe they were arcing through the rain?? Or the wind was blowing cables into each other. Would kinda make sense that if they wasnt downed they were in contact with something else. When the storm passed they fell back into their safe position stopping the arcing

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
OMG its thunderrrr!!

just kidding I can hear what you are talking about, and it distinct from the background thunder that you are getting
however, it does seem to happen after the flashes just sooner than the thunder, hmm..

What I can contribute is this, maybe something that is travelling at supersonic speeds is timing its
acceleration to match the lightning strike and subsequent sound wave.

The sound your referring to is almost a hollow sort of boom, il see if i can find some soundbytes of sonic booms
caused by aircraft. I know scalar wave interferometry can apparently cause sonic booms.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
The blue flash, I used to see that a lot back when I lived near a transformer. That thing would blow every time we had a good sized storm. Sometimes it seemed to blow for no reason at all that I could tell. It flashed blue and bright enough to really light up the area like lightning. It made quite a boom every time. Now in the video I couldn't exactly hear well what you wanted us to listen for. I'm babysitting today and it's noisy in here. I'll try again later.

I do not currently live as close to a transformer as I used to, but when the one around here blows, I can still see the sky light up blue and catch a bit of the sound. It's eerie but you get used to it. Last winter a lot of transformers blew out in the same night and people freaked out and reported the lights as some sort of UFO kind of phenomenon.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Mystery solved: SEVERAL power lines snapped over on the main road & a railroad crossing rail smashed (somehow) - several building evac because of the lines down

top topics

join