Was our first God a man? Should our last be as well?

page: 1
0

log in

join

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Was our first God a man? Should our last be as well?

In reading a bit of history, you will find that the ancient men of power labeled themselves as Gods. Their progeny were called sons of God. I am not clear as to why Emperors and Kings did this. Either to compete with the other Gods or to displace past older Gods. I am not sure. Perhaps people had already started to think of God and laws as the same thing.

Scriptures tell us in John 1 that. In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. And the Word was made flesh.
To me, this means that the notion of the word/law was replaced by a leader/God and the consensus required to formalize the laws/God/word. Many thing that the word/flesh was Jesus but this obviously cannot be because Jesus is the N T God and this is way in the beginning of the O T.

My conclusion, based on nature and how the ancients would have perhaps seen it, follows this logic trail.

The God of any animal is one of it’s own.
The God of ants is an ant.
The God of lions is a lion.
It follows then that the God of men should be a man.
No other animal, other than man, has taken the notion that it’s God should be some alien or an entity of other than it‘s own kind.

In terms of society, we have always followed men. Be they men of wealth, politics or religion, men have always been the ones to decide policies and the laws we follow. Today, most recognize that the laws in scripture are man made.
There are always the mentally lazy, literalists and fundamentals, who will foolishly believe that the word of God, the Bible was actually written or inspired by God. Most of intelligence will know otherwise. God would not start his word with a talking serpent and his cursing the earth that he just created. God is not that stupid. Only his literalist sheeple are.

Why we ever decided to chase after some invisible, absentee, super, miracle working God we may never know. The past hides it’s secrets well. Most Eastern religions recognize the myth base of their beliefs. Mostly, it is the Western Abrahamic religions, including Islam, that for some reason decided to literalize scripture and give historicity to it’s God and Jesus even as the originators of the Bible, the Jews and Hebrews. Any who have studied the older religious traditions will know that the Bible is a plagiarized account of many of the older religions. This is well documented.

Genesis tells us that A & E became as Gods. History tells us that many ancient men of power took that same title. Islam has Allah as a tile meaning God, a title. We have always followed the laws written by men and if I stretch my imagination I could even wonder if these men were inspired somehow.

Is it likely that we have misinterpreted the meaning in our ancient books and that the ideal God is supposed to be an abstract entity who we are not ever supposed to find. Is God, the word, just supposed to be a set of rules. I believe so. As interpreted by one man. Remember that that is all Moses came down the mountain with . Words and rules.

We are heading towards a new world order. This is being let by the U N and the World Monetary Fund. The political world will have it’s God/man but if the religious world remains fractured, it will be sucked up by secular forces. This is inevitable to my mind unless religionists unite somehow under a new God.

Recognizing that A & E and thus all of mankind can be as Gods, is it not likely that our first God was a man of power?
Should we not now, since it looks like the world is on some kind of brink, consider doing what revelation indicates is to happen at end time, and elect ourselves a new God and give him power?

Was our first God a man?
Should we have a new man, as God, in this time?

Regards
DL




posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
How many Gods do you have?




posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Greatest I am
 


I think you are on the right path in regards to the usage of the word god. If memory serves me I recall a professor in bible college telling me the word god was used in ancient times for the word leader but somewhere along the way organized religion put a new spin on it's usage. Worship a man? Many misguided people do, Hollywood stars, musicians, politicians, and athletes are worshiped daily by many people called "fans". Personally I think man was meant to self rule because the "kingdom" dwelled within but unfortunately man has forgotten how to live divinely.
edit on 30-3-2011 by Chai_An because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Most people thought they had elected a god to the white house in 2008..What about him????



posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
What man are you willing to label your God? The thought doesn't sit well with me. I've always thought God to be the essence of everything and not an actual being. The word Lord may fit better with what you are asking.
edit on 30-3-2011 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
I think it is ridiculous to think that God is a single entity. That's all I'm going to say. That, and, if there is a God, it is likely a universal force like love and/or intelligence. Or God is the entirety of the Universe as one complex being and we are in somewhat of a fractal.

God is definitely not one single entity with arms, legs, hair, hands, feet, and other such bodily appendages and organs. Definitely not that.

Personally, I believe there is a creative force that we possess in an underdeveloped manifestation. I believe, as humans, we have the potential to connect directly with the source of all that is and emanate a visible divine light aura that in the presence of this aura one would feel infinite bliss, joy, love, and beauty. This is our destiny.



posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 04:08 AM
link   
I put a letter on another thread from a man managing one of Pharoah's protectorates where he addresses the Pharoah as " My Lord, My King, My God,.....". (What I noticed was that the term' Lord' seems to be used more throughout the bible). In ancient times, when addressing Pharoah it appears you literally whacked on as many titles as you could.

In the garden of Eden we appear to have a number of Gods present who regard themselves collectively as an "us"..

Jesus said to the effect that God is within you he infers that we are all Gods. The part about moving mountains with our minds/brains suggests this to me.

I think of the gift/spark of life as the God within. When one sees someone who has died, you can see God has left that body.

Perhaps the term God used in any other context is merely an appropriation of an image, by a man, in order to gain control. I see more of men's hands in the wholesale slaughter done by someone called God, who always has a physical agenda in the bible. Perhaps we need to examine some of these horrific tales more closely - I noticed they are never dwelt upon in worship.. I didn't realise how many people the bible cheerfully tells us God slaughtered, its on another thread and makes dire reading)



posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
How many Gods do you have?



God as defined as a set of rules.
Three.

My political God is small l liberal.
My religious God is a cosmic consciousness that gives no rules, just direction and advise if found.
I also follow the laws of nature and physics. No choice.

Regards
DL
edit on 4-4-2011 by Greatest I am because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Greatest I am

Originally posted by Akragon
How many Gods do you have?



God as defined as a set of rules.
Three.

My political God is small l liberal.
My religious God is a cosmic consciousness that gives no rules, just direction and advise if found.
I also follow the laws of nature and physics. no choice.

Regards
DL


If you follow nature wouldn't all those be considered to be one and the same..... all part of the whole?




posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

Originally posted by Greatest I am

Originally posted by Akragon
How many Gods do you have?



God as defined as a set of rules.
Three.

My political God is small l liberal.
My religious God is a cosmic consciousness that gives no rules, just direction and advise if found.
I also follow the laws of nature and physics. no choice.

Regards
DL


If you follow nature wouldn't all those be considered to be one and the same..... all part of the whole?



No. They have various powers of forgiveness.
Nature knows no such thing while political man and religious Gods do.

Regards
DL



posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chai_An
reply to post by Greatest I am
 


I think you are on the right path in regards to the usage of the word god. If memory serves me I recall a professor in bible college telling me the word god was used in ancient times for the word leader but somewhere along the way organized religion put a new spin on it's usage. Worship a man? Many misguided people do, Hollywood stars, musicians, politicians, and athletes are worshiped daily by many people called "fans". Personally I think man was meant to self rule because the "kingdom" dwelled within but unfortunately man has forgotten how to live divinely.
edit on 30-3-2011 by Chai_An because: (no reason given)


How Gnostic.

I like it.

Your professor was bright and right.

Regards
DL



posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Caji316
Most people thought they had elected a god to the white house in 2008..What about him????


He qualifies as a political God. He has a decent set of rules.
All political leaders do.

Regards
DL



posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLieWeLive
What man are you willing to label your God? The thought doesn't sit well with me. I've always thought God to be the essence of everything and not an actual being. The word Lord may fit better with what you are asking.
edit on 30-3-2011 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)


How do you follow the essence of everything? What does it want or demand. Not much. in that sense it is more like the cosmic consciousness I found when I pushed my apotheosis.

That is not enough and in the terms of rules of conduct, mean absolutely nothing. Right?

Regards
DL



posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb
I think it is ridiculous to think that God is a single entity. That's all I'm going to say. That, and, if there is a God, it is likely a universal force like love and/or intelligence. Or God is the entirety of the Universe as one complex being and we are in somewhat of a fractal.

God is definitely not one single entity with arms, legs, hair, hands, feet, and other such bodily appendages and organs. Definitely not that.

Personally, I believe there is a creative force that we possess in an underdeveloped manifestation. I believe, as humans, we have the potential to connect directly with the source of all that is and emanate a visible divine light aura that in the presence of this aura one would feel infinite bliss, joy, love, and beauty. This is our destiny.


It is according to Gnostic thinking. The God is within. or as Gnostic Jesus said, it all happens in the mind. We all have access to the big cheese and have no need of clerical guidance by those who have not been there.

I share that view and experienced it the one time only for a few seconds. No proof of course.

Regards
DL



posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lynda101
I put a letter on another thread from a man managing one of Pharoah's protectorates where he addresses the Pharoah as " My Lord, My King, My God,.....". (What I noticed was that the term' Lord' seems to be used more throughout the bible). In ancient times, when addressing Pharoah it appears you literally whacked on as many titles as you could.

In the garden of Eden we appear to have a number of Gods present who regard themselves collectively as an "us"..

Jesus said to the effect that God is within you he infers that we are all Gods. The part about moving mountains with our minds/brains suggests this to me.

I think of the gift/spark of life as the God within. When one sees someone who has died, you can see God has left that body.

Perhaps the term God used in any other context is merely an appropriation of an image, by a man, in order to gain control. I see more of men's hands in the wholesale slaughter done by someone called God, who always has a physical agenda in the bible. Perhaps we need to examine some of these horrific tales more closely - I noticed they are never dwelt upon in worship.. I didn't realise how many people the bible cheerfully tells us God slaughtered, its on another thread and makes dire reading)



Goodness. I have fallen into a den of Gnostics. Right on.
Gnostics tend to need less babying than Christians.
The difference between sheeple and good goats I guess.

I agree. Take man's and God's killing out of the Bible and you would not have the immoral book that it is.

Regards
DL





new topics
top topics
 
0

log in

join