It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazing Skyhook balloons

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I tried a quick search on Project Skyhook and found nothing, so please forgive me if this has been covered.

Various balloons are often mentioned as a possible source of mistaken ufo sightings. To me this has always sounded absurd. How could anyone mistake a balloon for a ufo? Then I came across this info on project Skyhook and related programs.

Classified Skyhook Program

The size of these balloons was huge. Made of "special plastics," their average size was double the six million cubic feet of the Hindenberg. Average diameter was 300 feet with a length of 430 feet at launch, before they fully inflated.

The size of the payload was also huge--6,000 to 8,000 pounds encased in ten-foot cylinders. A picture shows a four-ton reconnaissance camera. It's as big as a car!

If one of these things came down in my back yard, I wouldn't know what to think.

The article describes a little about their flight characteristics and the procedures involved in their recovery. The author believes that these programs were undoubtedly the source of many ufo reports.

There is nothing really shocking here, but I found the article interesting. I never knew how big these "balloons" were.

Comments are welcome.

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Very interesting, that could explain a lot of cigar shaped sightings that �just seem to hover or move slowly� with no wings or apparent mode of movement.

join