It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rebels seek trial, not exile, for Gaddafi

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Rebels seek trial, not exile, for Gaddafi

news.ninemsn.com.au

Abdulmolah said the TNC was preparing an official statement on its views of what the London conference should achieve, and that would be communicated shortly.

But he stressed that the rebels would not permit any compromise on two points: the prosecution of Gaddafi, his sons and his aides; and the resolve that Libya should be a united, sovereign state with Tripoli as its capital - and not a country divided between a pro-Gaddafi west and a pro-rebel east.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Again it seems the US etc are not interested in what the people of Libya want..
Hilary Clinton has been calling for Gaddafi to go to a safe haven with some of his friends in crime, probably with a few $billion for pocket money..

So who will get their way?
The people of Libya or the US and it's allies??

news.ninemsn.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Of course the 'Allies' will get their way, look at what the middle east is like where they are trying to get their way. They won't take no for an answer it seems and it doesnt look good for any of the nations involved.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   
So where are they going to send all these deposed leaders the Bush ranch in Texas? Or does Barry have a cozy little villa in Kenya to keep his buddies happy?

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by rogerramjett
So where are they going to send all these deposed leaders the Bush ranch in Texas? Or does Barry have a cozy little villa in Kenya to keep his buddies happy?

Maybe the Bush property in South America..
Or maybe they are all bugging out to the DUMBs..

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

Im not sure where i stand on this moral wise.
But the west WILL have to let him go.
He has been in control for 30 odd years. (Only a hand full of leaders have done that in the modern era) and he knows every dirty little secret that our governments have hidden from us over all of this time.
He knows more about how the USA is run than Obama and Bush put together.
I think he( Gaddafi) has a little black book with all the right names doing all the wrong things, and i feel that this book is his get out of jail free card, and that book WILL come out if Gaddafi or his kids meet an untimely end.

f&s for making me think
edit on 29-3-2011 by meathed because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
I don't see where HC is seeking to allow Gadhafi a safe haven in exile anywhere with his looted billions - in fact the article states that the Obama admin is sending diplomats to liaise with the TNC. Half the Nato countries involved are now recognizing this group as the official representatives for a transition government in Libya.

I don't think anyone has to worry about Gadhafi getting a safe haven anywhere, this guy has terrorism links stretching all the way back to 1970. He knows if he ever crawls out of his spider-hole he faces the real possibility of execution. Even the other Arab countries are siding with the TNC.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack

Again it seems the US etc are not interested in what the people of Libya want..
Hilary Clinton has been calling for Gaddafi to go to a safe haven with some of his friends in crime, probably with a few $billion for pocket money..

So who will get their way?
The people of Libya or the US and it's allies??

Another hit-piece attempting to lay blame for some world event on America. Gaddafi is to blame for Libyans troubles, not America. America is only suggesting various solutions.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

I don't see where HC is seeking to allow Gadhafi a safe haven in exile anywhere with his looted billions - in fact the article states that the Obama admin is sending diplomats to liaise with the TNC.

No, it's not in the article but Hilary has been suggesting Gaddafi leave and go to one of his allies countries all week..

From yesterday's London meeting..

US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton told a final news conference that a political resolution could include Gaddafi leaving the country. A United Nations special envoy would visit Tripoli soon to explore that option and urge the embattled Libyan leader to implement a real ceasfire, she said.

www.businessspectator.com.au...
edit on 29-3-2011 by backinblack because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join