It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Manslaughter Charges On Oil Spill

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Manslaughter Charges On Oil Spill

www.jorbit.com

Federal prosecutors are considering whether to pursue manslaughter charges against BP Plc (BP/) managers for decisions made before the Gulf of Mexico oil well explosion last year that killed 11 workers and caused the biggest offshore spill in U.S. history, according to three people familiar with the matter.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.jorbit.com

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   
BP’s shares fell 55 percent in London intraday trading from a high of 658.20 pence on April 21 to a low of 296 pence on June 25. The shares closed in London yesterday at 477.10 pence.

A commission appointed by President Barack Obama to investigate the disaster identified 11 choices made in the completion of the well that both saved time and increased risks. Seven were made by BP managers on shore, the panel said.

what was the end . it was a disaster.

www.jorbit.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Great! I am glad the investigation is going forward and those responsible for the mess should be held accountable and punished. I know we don't live in a democracy but if capitalism is to have any chance of success they better start making some sound decisions before its too late................

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by usanews

Great find. I hope it goes ahead. Much of what is done to boost profits is criminal - and should be prosecuted as criminal.

Flag and
for importance.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by usanews

That would be great if it happens.I think
BP will be able to worm their way out of
any real responsibilty.Loop holes and they
will probably play the blame game.
It will be interesting to see who will be "officially"
blamed for the disaster,money wise.

new topics